Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

SPD/PGP

hi I'm due to see consultant this week but was wondering where I stand on asking for an induction or c section due to severe SPD/PGP all the information I can find seems to be all diffrent  thanks 

Replies

• Options

Hello there Nay1234. Didn't want your post to go unanswered.

Poor you with severe SPD/PGP! I know how painful it can be.

As far as I know (and all I'm going on is my friend's recent experience), consultants will consider induction or C-section in cases of severe SPD/PGP. I'm sure your consultant will be happy to discuss all this with you.

Good luck - and please let us know how you get on!

• Options

Thanks for the reply Helen I think im going to have to hope for the consultants approval then I'm hopeing she can see how much its affecting me currently on crutches pain relief and can't sleep at night. I will let you know how it goes I'm pretty sure It will help others in my situation as well

• Options

Hey, I had to attend physio for SPD and basically the midwife team and physio team both said that if baby was healthy and not showing signs of distress they would not induce or consider c-section for it. Mine has started to give me some relief now she's engaged but sleeping is still horrific and I need to know my limits with walking etc. There were others in waiting room much wirse than me and they were told the same. Basically because after birth it disappears but that doesnt help if your misersble now. Hopefully your health board is more understanding! Good luck xx

• Options

Yeah I did pysio but my pysio said they'd nothing more she can do except crutches and belt my midwife said ill be able to have sweeps early from 38 weeks but anything else i will need to ask consultant and stand my ground as it's classed as effecting my health so hoping like you said she sympathetic we will see. its so wrong How diffrent consultants/health boards are allowed to say and do diffrent things it makes it harder for us mums when you see other s get help just because of a diffrent health board x

• Options

Good news about my SPD will be given weekly sweeps from 38 weeks and be induced on due date but if he not here by then they did say if pain gets worse they will consider earlier, so hipefully the sweeps work apparently because had a LO before they are more likely to work. 

• Options

Glad to hear your appointment went well, Nay1234!

How many weeks are you now?

• Options

35 1/2 weeks so it's nice to know tht its a max of 4 1/2 weeks x