Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Symptoms appear to have faded - 9 weeks

Hi all, 

Just after a bit of advice if possible please. I believe I am around 9+3 today but this is my workings as I am currently waiting on my ultrasound. 

Anyway.. for the past few days I have felt 'normal'. The nausea seems to have subsided and weirdly I'm missing it as when I had this is knew all was ok. 

Has anyone else had it when their symptoms have subsided for a few days? I had a day this week where I felt really ill but I've been in pain all week with my neck/shoulder where I have slept awkward so I put it down to that pain. 

Can anyone advise please? 11 days til my scan but really want some reassurance :( xx

Replies

• Options

I read somewhere it's normal to lose symptoms around 10 weeks, but I don't know for sure.  best thing is to go see if they will see you as an emergency case - good luck firsttime 

• Options

Thanks Hun, my scan is in 10 days so dunno whether to call up or hold on xx

• Options

I would definitely call up or go in and not leave it.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Have you seen the warning going around about not relying on the home dopplers? It's kind of the same thing.  Anytime you have worrying signs (symptoms fading and not feeling baby moving) it's safer to get checked.  Especially as your having pain. 

• Options

My nausea may have returned, I'm not 100%. Gonna see how I feel tomorrow. I doubt they will see me cos my scan is so close.. 

I read online that someone called up about their symptoms fading and they were like 'yeah what do you want us to do' xx 

• Options

With my 1st pregnancy I had no symptoms at all except tiredness, which I didn't realise was pregnancy, so I was 16w pregnant when I found out! 

This time I was pretty sick but I'm sure it was around week 10/11 it all slowed down. If your concerned call in although with a scan soon they might not be able to do much except being scan forward x

• Options

Millie, that's reassuring. I've read that around 9-10 weeks the placenta starts to take over and can mean symptoms lay off. Which is reassuring. I think I'm about 9+4. I will be around 11 weeks for my scan which will hopefully be a good image. I haven't been physically sick my whole pregnancy though so maybe I am one of the lucky ones - I hope! I have also read lack of sickness/nausea could mean it's a baby boy.. these first few weeks are definitely the most worrying xx

• Options

Firsttimetrying I had no sickness or anything when I was pregnant I felt fine throughout my pregnancy until about 25 weeks when the heartburn kicked in

its normal to be worried especially with your 1st baby 

good luck xx

• Options

Emma thank you. I think my nausea may be back, I may just be imagining it lol. I was gonna call the EPU today and ask if my scan can be brought forward but it's only next Wednesday so only another 8 days after today.. just seems like forever because weekends take forever to come round lol xx

• Options

yeah I get what you mean it's very nervous but symptoms seem to go when near 2nd trimester and ul probs get a whole new bunch of symptoms 😊 Wait until you have a huge bump and you constantly live on the loo I did and it's even worse when you have to try and get out of bed to go for a wee I was like a turtle on its back hahaha!! 

Enjoy been pregnant because it goes so fast except your last trimester that lasts forever haha!! I can't wait to do it all again In the future 😊

• Options

Aww thanks Hun. You really have reassured me :) I'm looking forward to having a bump lol for my cups of tea hahaha xx

• Options

😊 it's amazing! I miss been pregnant haha xx

• Options

Are you currently trying for another Hun? Xx

• Options

No I've just had a baby he's 12 weeks old going to try when he's about 18 months old xx

• Options

Aww how lovely! Enjoy it Hun xx