Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

electrical type pain in back

oooowww

I am getting a sharp,almost electrical type pain running from the bottom of my spine upwards. Does anyone know what this is?

Is baby just lying in a difficult position, on a nerve? baby is head down, I am 35 weeks and so uncomfortable all over,

Anyone know whats causing this?

Thank you

MG
35 weeks

Replies

• Options
    As the baby decends into the pelvis the nerves in te lumber region (base of the spine) can become compressed, this can lead to pain and electric shock type pain either in the back, or in some cases down the legs if its the sciatic nerve being compressed - comonly called scatica - a warm wheat bag heated in the microwave and placed around the lower back always helped me with discomfort - also sitting on a birth ball relieves pressure in the lumber region.
    Jo xx
  • Options
    I'm sure this is some form of trapped nerve - I have been getting electrical/pins and needle type sensations in my shoulder blades for the last 6 weeks or so and my MW said it was basically the same as carpel tunnel syndrome but in a differnt place - so bascially a trapped nerve caused by bubs.

xxx
    33+3