Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant and have a 6 month old!

Hello, I gave birth to my daughter in March she's now 6 months old and the best child ever. However I have recently found out I'm pregnant again. I took a test on the off chance on Monday night not thinking anything of it as my periods are everywhere at the minute but it was positive. I don't know what to do, has anyone else been through this? :/ 

Replies

• Options

Hi Bellasmummy, I assume that it's not a planned pregnancy? 

Not quite the same but I got pregnant when my son was 9 months old. I stopped taking the mini-pill but as I was breastfeeding thought it would take a while. We were thinking a 2 year age gap. As it was I fell straight away and there are 18 months between the 2 of them. It was not always easy juggling their needs when they qere small (they are not 4 and 6) but they are very close (when they're not fighting) and that makes it worthwhile.

Good luck x

• Options

This baby isn't planned no but inside I'm really happy I'm pregnant again as I've always said I want loads of babies close together but at the same time I'm panicking as well. I feel like if I have this baby will I push my Bella away like I know I'll love them both the same but with a new born they need a lot of time and attention I just don't want to feel like I'm pushing Bella out :( I don't agree with a termination as I believe that there is no such thing as a snap unwanted baby so I'll deffo have this baby I just don't know if I can handle it all 

Thank you though xx 

• Options

You'll be fine I'm sure. The key I found was to make sure I still had one-on-one time with my son. He was also very interested in his baby sister so I don't think he was deprived at all x

• Options

Hi I had a baby may and curantley almost 8 weeks pregnant baby's due May again so 12 month gap I'm also wondering how i will cope as I have a 4 year old also and my day is none stop from start to finish and I'm suffering terable tiredness just thankfully no sickness this far but I think we just manage well not really got a option now have we  will be fine xx