Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nausea all day everyday...want to vomit but can't feeling!

Hi,

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and still suffering from Nausea all day.

Feels like I want to vomit but can't. 

Anyone knows when this feeling will subside?

Replies

• Options

With my first it stopped completely around 13 weeks and this time around 14 weeks with the odd day of feeling sicky. It can depends on how high ur hormone levels are. 

I’ve had incredibly intense morning sickness this time round with my hormones levels still very high at 12 weeks! Hopefully ull b lucky and feel better in a weeks time, just hang in there. 

• Options

Thanks Sarah. 

This is my first pregnancy we have been trying for nearly 5 years. I am over the moon that I'm pregnant but am just feeling so sick. 

At 8 weeks I had to go to A&E to get hydrated and they prescribed two anti sickness tablets I am so worried about taking these tablets and what effect these tablets and my sickness will have on the baby. 

• Options

I also ended up going on anti-sickness tablets this time as I couldn’t keep throwing up every 3 hours with a two year boy! 

I found there has been no effect wat so ever on the baby and everything was comletely normal at my scan so try not to worry. 

I was taking metoclopramide which didn’t always stop me from feeling sick sick bt stopped me from being sick and I was so much better. 

• Options

I'm taking Prochlorperazine (main) and Cyclizine (as a top up). The feeling of of Nausea doesn't go away. I don't think there is any anti sickness that can take away the nausea other than Zofran (Ondansetron) but the reviews on this medication for pregnancy is mixed so I don't want to take it. 

As we registered late at the hospital our first antenatal appointment is next week but they cannot confirm whether they will be able to scan me on the day. 

I'm feeling tired, anxious and nausea all the time so am really worried about the scan. 

• Options

Evening ladies i am 8 week and these all day nausea is making me feel so low the thought of another 4-6 weeks is unbearable. I felt alot better sat sun but it is back with avengance

I have cyclizine but its made no difference today, really hoping it eases soon i am on the sick from work for 2 weeks

I never had this with 1st hoping we are all feeling better real soon Xxx

• Options

Evening NurseJo,

I know the feeling! Stuck in back of the throat always pushing!

Not sure about you but cyclizine makes me very drowsy and your right it makes no difference to the nausea. 

I'm really hoping that it will ease soon as it does make you feel very low especially at a time when we are suppose to be happy. 

Hope we get relief real soon! 

• Options

Mayb it’s worth going to c ur local doctor or even having a chat over the phone about ur anti sickness tablets. They both don’t seem to b working? Mayb they could suggest something different or different tablets? 

Do u find anything helps u at all? I know I lived on ice polls they use to work if only for 5-10 mins at a time. 

• Options

JR -  I find the cyclizine makes me drowsy too i wouldnt be able to take it and work as i drive alot for my job (community Nure)

I was so excited getting a BFP and now just feel the excitement of being pregnant has gone cant wait for it to ease

Planning to see Gp this week to discuss other medication options xx

• Options

Sarah - I tried most anti sickness even Metoclopramide. The only one I haven't tried is Zofran the one I mentioned that was controversial so I didn't want to risk it. 

I haven't found anything that helps and couldn't sleep last night to add to the frustration. Not even the Cyclizine helped last night. 

NurseJo - I haven't been working for weeks now. you should go back to your GP maybe other medications might work for you if Cyclizine is too drowsy. I know how you feel about the excitement as it is my first pregnancy. I have replaced the excitement with anxious and worry. 

• Options

Nausea is a killer I had it with my first pregnancy did wear off after 12 week second pregnancy was extreme sickness for the first 12 week then random day of sickness all the way through currantley 9 weeks pregnant and have never had any sickness/ nausea talk about a bit of everything but I'm so glad it's this 1 I have been fine with don't think I could have coped with 2 children under 4 just ride it out it will get better xx

• Options

I just been sick even though I'm on the anti sickness 3 x a day and then there is the nausea on top. I'm really feeling frustrated and anxious here!!!!!

Everyday is a struggle with nausea don't know what else to do other than shout and scream. 

Sorry for the outburst but just feeling like it's the same record day in and day out with no light at the tunnel. 

• Options

Keep taking the tablets try eating small but regularly also I found mints helped a little with the sickness and a ginger biscuit before getting out of bed also somebody told me about the anti sickness braclets they swore by them xx

• Options

Thanks Reeee13. 

I have to keep taking the tabs as I'm too scared not to. 

I can only stomach digestive biscuit in the morning and eat it so I have something to take with my anti sickness tab before trying to get up out of bed. I haven't tried mints yet. 

I got the sea bands but my feelings are mixed with those, I still use it anyway.  

• Options

I have been back to doctors today and have more tablets to start. I get how horrid you feel its hell i just keep hoping it will start to ease off soon xxx

• Options

so glad I'm not suffering sickness this time don't think I would cope with my 2 I really do sympathise with you's I always thought the first 3-4 month was worse than Labour 

• Options

NurseJo - are you getting different tablets or additional tablets because I'm on a top up. Hope it works. 

Reeee13 - this is my first pregnancy so not sure what to expect but the nausea and sickness has been quite an experience. Just hope everything is okay for the scan. 

• Options

sickness is a good sign and I am proof all pregnancy are different I would be concerned but had a scan 2 weeks ago and baby was fine with a strong heart beat so I'm hoping this 1 could be a boy and the girls just killed me lol x

• Options

Thanks Reeee13 - hope you're right all this nausea/sickness is a good sign that everything is okay with the baby.

I'm just worried about the medication that I'm taking whether that will have any affect on the baby. I'm taking the medication but it's not great still feel horrible nausea it just stops the vomiting a bit as I still do vomit on them maybe once or twice in a day. 

• Options

Wasn't doing very well today so had to go back to A&E for fluids. Waited ages to be finally seen and then dismissed with one bag of fluid! Don't know what else to do no one is taking severe morning sickness seriously or understand how it affects us mentally as well as physically. 

• Options

Hey awww it really does take everything out of you! JR2017 it really does sound like ur suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum a very severe form of morning sickness. I’ve had a look at a few sites when I was at my worse one of these might help

http://www.hyperemesis.org/

https://www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk/

https://sites.google.com/site/pregnancysicknesssos/