Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confusion over negative tests when getting movement and other symptoms

Hi everyone 

I am a mother of 4 girls and this year in March I discovered I was pregnant with my fifth child. However upon going to the Hospital the urine test came out negative twice and I was told I had a miscarriage. I also had experienced bleeding prior to the appointment 

They did not go ahead with any sort of scan but 7 months later I am convinced I am pregnant. I have not had intercourse since before the time that resulted in the aforementioned pregnancy and I believe that when I miscarried I may have been having twins

I have a small bump in my stomach region and I have been feeling constant nudges and kicks too. I have been having food cravings and my senses have been heightened as well, especially my sense of smell. I have been eating and using the toilet like crazy and I have been struggling to lift up anything heavy even my currently two year old daughter. The other day I felt quite dizzy and during the night time I have been really uncomfy. A few months ago I had multiple cases of morning sickness too however I have still been having my menstrual cycle but they have been a lot lighter than they would usually be

Today my eldest and I did two pregnancy tests from Boots. The first one was not carried out properly but we are both sure that the second one was done just fine however it didn't display a positive result after several minutes 

I am currently waiting on some pregnancy strips to arrive and if that doesn't come out positive I plan to see my doctor ASAP

Does anyone know what this could all be about as I'm very confused as to why I am getting all these symptoms for so many months yet not getting any results 

Replies