Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Uncomfortable sleeping in very early pregnancy???

HI ladies

I'm only 6 weeks pregnant today but the last week or even 2 I don't seem to be sleeping very well, I just seem to toss and turn all night (as well as several wees which I suppose don't help). Surely its too early for pregnancy to be a reason but I can't think of any other reason? I've had low back pain on and off as well and I just feel like I don't really get comfy. I suppose I am worrying as well about things as I had a mmc recently but I remember not sleeping well when I was pregnant last time as well. Its probably just my mind in overdrive as I've had loads of weird dreams but I'm normally a fairly light sleeper anyway and normally remember my dreams but this is worse than normal!
I just wondered if anyone else had the same? :\?

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi. I'm now 12 weeks and had trouble sleeping ever since 5th week due to going toilet every minute and feeling restless. Dreams are another major problem in my pregnancy. Every single night I've had horrific bad dreams, never a good one. It was like that on my last pregnancy too. Started getting heart burn now oooh
  • Options
    i was the same at first, as i had really sore boobs and bloating. symptoms are better better now.and i make sure i eat less and earlier in the evening to aoid indigestion. weeing every 5 mins doesnt help either does it!!
  • Options
    I can't sleep well either. I get up to go to the loo at least twice, and I find it hard to get comfortable too. I also wake up at 5am and cannot get back to sleep which means I'm really tired in the day.
  • Options
    I can't sleep well either. I get up to go to the loo at least twice, and I find it hard to get comfortable too. I also wake up at 5am and cannot get back to sleep which means I'm really tired in the day.
  • Options
    Hi honey
    I'm the same and have been since 3+5. My sleeping pattern is really disturbed. I haven't suffered from peeing too much during the night but I have been not drinking after about 10pm as I sleep bad enough let alone with toilet breaks!
    My boobs are really sore so have got a sleep bra which is fine but the minute I move onto my side or knock them it wakes me up. Bloating is horrendous at the minute, I look about 20 weeks pregnant at 6+2 but comes with the territory I guess!
    I have had to start napping on the sofa from about 9pm too. It works out about 16 hours of sleep but when I add up how much I actually sleep for that it's only about 7 hours!
    I haven't had any horror dreams yet as I usually suffer from them but really really vivid ones and normally they are a bit naughty too (and never with DH ooops!) but I can blame that on baby too!
    If you feel tired during the day I would say sleep as nights are just not cutting it!
    Emma
    6+2
    xxx
  • Options
    I couldnt sleep in early pregnancy due to indigestion (I was eating loads due to nausea!)

xx

MKB 23+2
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It seems weird thinking I'm not sleeping when I'm so early on but I can't think of another reason! Might have a nice early night tonight and hope I feel better tomorrow.
    xx

Nicola
    6+1 (ooh I don't think I've written my weeks/days before!)
  • Options
    I am exactly the same honey, and have been for about 3 weeks now.
    I get really uncomfortable and restless even though I feel like I can't open my eyes.

It's so bad that the only relief from feeling incredibly nauseous all the time is to sleep too and then that is broken as well - I feel like I'm running on a tenth of my normal energy levels.

I'm just hoping it eases off a little in the next few weeks :roll:

MrsJ
    7+2

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev346ps___.png

• Options
    I have been dreadful. I am either exhausted but then can't sleep or not exhausted and then can't wake myself up. I seem to wake up at any tiny noise and get very frustrated with DH being within 1cm of me! xx
  • Options

Hi this is my first pregnancy and I'm only 6 weeks sleeping terribly as well. I am so bloated that it's uncomfortable to sleep and just so tired. I have antacid and drink the water and sleeping propped up helps. But is this normal for only 6 weeks? Will this get better? Should I see the dr? I just feel super bloated all the time the past week. I can handle peeing a lot but this pressure of bloated and uncomfort is the worst. Any tips How to make this better or if it gets better??

• Options

Hi this is my first time on here.I am 4+1 weeks but I am the same. For the last 3 nights I just can not sleep. Keep tossing and turning  all night. Can't seem to get comfortable. My stomach feels so bloated I can't even eat.

• Options

I'm currently 5 weeks and I'm having such a hard time getting comfortable. I haven't had to use the loo as much yet, but I have been nauseas a lot. My boobs are super sore and feel really heavy every time I move. 

• Options

hey ladies,

i feel the pain, i have been uncomfortable since this princess  has been in my belly, i m 21 weeks and between my leg hurt when i walk too much or seat too much, my hubby keep on saying how  U GONNA PUSH THIS ONE WHEN YOU ALREADY TIRED SO EARLY.