Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Need your opinion

I feel like my parents and sometimes my OH are having a go and putting me down. They all seem to think i wont cope with having a baby. Should i say something to them or will it cause an argumnt or should i just prove them all wrong??
I will be the best Mummy to my little girl. I am getting upset with sly comments etc.

Am i being to sensitive??

Annalisa 36.2 weeks xx :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun. Its likely that with your pregnancy hormones your a little more sensitive to comments that wouldn't normally bother you. All the same though, if you really feel they arent supporting you you should definitely talk to them. I'm sure you will be a fantastic mummy to your little girl hun, dont let anyone make you think otherwise.
    xxx
  • Options
    Just prove them wrong- ignore them and get on with waiting for lo. My mum took a lot of happiness away from me during my last pregnancy and I refuse to let her this time. She kept making comments about 'three being enough' and 'kids take your life away' (!!??). I know she was concerned because I am young at 25 but this is my choice and I am happy with my life.

You don't have to prove yourself to anyone.

• Options
    Thanks Girls i just feel like them doing this might make me feel bad when i have her, so kinda worried a bit, but i promise girls i will prove them wrong!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah just ignor them hun, sometimes people really dont think when they speak.
    The other day someone laughed in my face and made out I expected having a baby to be a walk in the park because they were asking if we'd thought about getting a dog and Id said Id love to have a dog but would never get one because they are way too much work and it wouldnt be fair. Like I say they laughed in my face and asked me what I thought having a baby would be like.....I mean wth-yeah I know having a baby isnt easy and its a lot of responsibility so why take on the extra responsibility of getting a new dog when Im due in a month???????

Sorry-didnt mean to go into a rant there but people just wind me up sometimes xxxxx

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png