Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

waking up to a very solid tummy

Hi im 22+6 and every morning for the past maybe -6wks i wake up with the whole bottom part of my tummy being absolutly solid!!!! Then after a few hours it goes back to normal. My tummy is quite hard now but not as hard as it is on morning....anyone else experiencing this? Its not painful or anything, just wondered what it was?

Replies

• Options
    HI

I am 21 + 6 and I have this too but usually back to normal after half hour or so. If i lay on my back before I get out of bed and put my hands on bump I can feel baby's position! Think the solid feeling is just where baby has settled into a comfortable position whilst we are sleeping.
    If you are still unsure maybe mention it to your midwife when you next see her.
    xx
  • Options
    Could be Braxton Hicks hon? I'm 22+4 and been having this for ages (not just in the morning though) . Always thought BH were only to be had at end of pregnancy but nope!
    Ames x
  • Options
    Yeah - I've had this too. Like first-timemummy said I thik it sounds like the baby has just settled in a comfy, low down position. Could be BH though, but when I've had BH, they generally only last a couple of min at most.

Good luck with it.
    Nx
    29+6