Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

big baby?

Hi girls, well I'm 34weeks today and my bump seems to have doubled in the last week or two! I dug out a photo today of me when in labour with DD at 39+5 and my bump is the same size now, as at that stage with DD!

I'm measuring just every so slightly bigger than average, just a cm or 2 which is no big deal, however, I'm pretty sure it is ALL baby and little fluid.

It feels completely different to when I was pregnant with DD. Where ever I place my hand on my bump, I don't even have to press down and I can feel limbs/bottom etc so easily, it's as though he's literally pressing up against my skin. I can see and feel even the tiniest of movements and my bump often takes the shape of the baby! It feels like he's going to burst out sometimes.

So whilst my bump isn't massive... I've totaly convinced myself I'm having a 9+ lb er easily. scary!!

What are your bumps like in this respect? How do they differ to previous pregnancies if you've done it before?

xx

Replies

• Options
    yep, I know that feeling, i'm 29 weeks but measuring big 2 weeks ahead, and have been told i have a big boy, he was 2.5 lb at 27 weeks and he measurements are all on the 95 percentile, so he is nearly off the chart.

I am pretty worried about labour, and how i will birth the little whopper. I have a consult appointment tomorrow, so i'm hoping he can offer some reassurance about that. I hoping that they will continue to monitor me and if neccessary induce early or offer C section.. i do not want to be birthing a 10lb'er with a huge head.

Like you i feel every kick and turn, it seems all day and all night. I get limbs poking out and kicks and thumps at the same time...

Im not surprised thou, im 5'11 and hubby 6'3... we were never going to make a little one were we

:lol:

Please keep me update how you get on..

Gem x