We saw a heartbeat!

Well, We saw a heartbeat today - it was only a fluttering on the screen but it was so amazing. With our previous 2 mcs, we never got to the stage of seeing a heartbeat as our twins were mmc'ed before 12 week scan and 2nd mc happened naturally early on.

Was shown today how to self inject and I will be doing this daily for the term of the pregnancy due to the blood condition they have discovered. My consultant was really positive about it all, but I did quiz him about the risk of mc, even though a heartbeat has been seen. He says the risk has dropped significantly now so there is around an 80% chance of a successful prgnancy, bearing in mind my history etc. I'm really not focussing on that other 20% for now as we're so excited. But please tell me to keep hold of this PMA should I start worrying because of twinges/cramps etc!

I'm about 6 weeks now. I'm going to make my ticker later... so excited! image

Hoping that you're all well today.
Love Em xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posts

  • Congrats, I managed to get my early scan last Monday (had MC last Sept at 12 wks), I am now 8 weeks 6 days, and saw the heartbeat - strangly it still hasnt sunk in that I have a baby and I think you will always feel a bit worried. Lots of PMA to you (and me!)
  • Thanks Helen. Wishing you all the best too.

    Take care xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi Em!

    I remember when you mc and you sounded understandably down so it is fab news that they found out the problem and you saw a heartbeat today. I remember when I saw my baby's heart flickering on the screen at 6+5 weeks and it was fantastic knowing he was OK. All the best of luck for you but I don't think u need it! Lol! xxxx

    http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png

  • so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx
  • hi em, aww chuffed for you hun
    i had a mc last sept day before my 12 week scan. im now pg again and was able to go for an early scan at 9 weeks, after seeing nothing in the last one i was so relived to see a little heart beat!
    i worried over every twinge/cramp ect but im now 22 weeks and so far so good!
    hope everything goes well for you chick
    shaz
    xxx
  • Oh Em thats fab news hunny! So pleased for you. You must have been so chuffed to see that little flutter! Sending tons of lucky, sticky babydust your way, take care! xx


    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev343pr___.png

Sign In or Register to comment.

Featured Discussions

Promoted Content