Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just wanted to say hello !! This is the first time visited these boards . i am due on the 22/07/2007. This is my first third pregnancy, First one ended at 23 weeks , i then went on to have my son who is now 8 will be 9 when baby is born anyone else got big age gaps ? and i am now 18 wks and 4 days . Have been off work since jan 5th had a huge bleed which turned out to be heamatoma ( any one had same ) hopefully all will be well on 5/3 when i go for scan . Then it's back to work !!
would love to here from anyone going through similar

Replies

• Options
    Hi emmajemma. I have not been through what you have, im 30 wks pregnant (first baby), due May 2nd. Sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell, and hope that your scan goes great too. Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy, Sophia x x
  • Options
    thanks sophia, Am feeling better now and am sooo excited about 20 week scan have had 5 scans allready but can't wait to find out if its pink or blue
  • Options
    I was excited too, i was worried my baby would be hiding so we wouldn't be able to see if i was having a boy or girl. Luckily my baby was eager to show off at my 20 week scan and there was no mistaking he is defo a boy!! x
  • Options
    i am not even thinking about what i will do if they say they can't tell . had a scan with a doctor a few weeks back and asked him to have a guess he said girls . so i am crossing my fingers and toes. have had baby boy who is wonderfull and all grown up 8 goin on 18 so little girl would be lovely
  • Options
    Hey welcome to the chat room. their is a 9 year age gap between my husband and his sister and there has never been a problem, they get on well, they have never bickered like siblings that are close in age. Hope all goes well with rest of pregnancy, sorry to hear that you have been having problems hope that whislt your not working your taking it easy xx
  • Options
    am trying to take it easy . it has been nice having time to do things and not getting stressed. i don't think there will be a problem my little boy is eager to help and as he gets himself off to school and doesnt religh on me as much i will have more time for both of them . can be a bit of a mad house at weekends have got 2 stepdaughters 6 and 10 . am more worried about all those hormones in 5 years time plus little one ha ha
  • Options
    Hi I too am new on here. I'm also due on the 22nd July, I have my 20 week scan on the 6th March and can't wait! Hope everything goes okay with your scan, just try and relax until then and i'm sure everything will be fine!
  • Options
    cavanagh are you going to find out if it's blue or pink ? will let you know how i get on
  • Options
    I did want to find out but hubbie was adamant he didn't want to know although he is starting to come round to the idea. As much as I want to find out though think it will be nice surprise to wait and see plus I know so many people who have been told one thing and then had different!!! How are you feeling not?

Sam xx
  • Options
    hiya , i decided at first did not wanrt to know and wanted to look foward to suprise but really need to know now . bf wants boy as he has two girls and i would love a girl as i have a boy already . So think one of us needs a few months to get our head round it . neither of us will be devastated but will just be able to get used to the idea !! how are you i really cant wait for scan now . are you feeling lots of movement yet ??
  • Options
    Yes i am starting to feel movements now, been feeling them for last few weeks and are getting stronger. Hubbie felt it the other week but none since think he gets a bit fed up sitting with his hand on my belly for ages!! Have you felt yours move now guess you've felt it quite a bit if this is your second. I heard the heartbeat beat at m/w the other day it was real strong which was good, had to go for blood pressure check as feel real crap was low but guess thats better than high!! How are things with you will you go back to work next week if you get the ok at your scan??
  • Options
    lol i know what you mean about oh sittin there with hand on bump lol he cant feel anything i feel kicking all the time especially in the morning . Yes will go back to work if all is well . not sure how i feel about it now i have got used to being at home , was quite lonely at first but then discoverd all these chat rooms full of other mums to be it great !!! i have changed offices so i am closer to home not as much traveling which will be a lot better, and they will all make a fuss of me !! but am dreading not being able to go and liedown when i want to (think i'm just lazy really lol
  • Options
    lol know wot you mean bout feeling lazy think I could sleep 24 hours a day!! Keep telling hubbie I could finish on maternity leave at beg May but he didn't look too impressed!!! Wot do you do, is your job busy / stressful? I found particularly in early months when I was sick every day that working managed to keep me from thinking bout just how grotty I felt but would still be nice to be home everyday mind you would probably stay in my pjs all day!!image
  • Options
    ha ha i work for the post office . i am a financial services assistant, which means alot of standing on public side , not strenous and my mouth does most of the work could talk for britain lol do find my self having to make an effort to get ready in the morning lol so need to get back into some sort of a routine out there in the real world before i become a hermit lol