Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

leaky nipples... Question...

my nipples leaked since about 20 wks and I thought colostrum was supposed to be yellow and milky? Mine just appears to be clear. They arent red or painful, so it def isnt an infection. Anyone help?

Replies

• Options
    I have to ask also... i am not preggas but i have noticed the past copleof months my nipples in the middle of the month and itchy and they leak a little bit of clear fluid or white.... i find this strange but have not mentioned it to anybody..... do you think it is normal????
  • Options
    Hi Sarah23, I have been experiencing the same thing, probably from about 20 weeks - I'm almost 27 weeks now, mostly happens at night. I just kind of assumed that it was one of the things that happened during pregnancy and haven't really asked about it.
  • Options
    Hi

Colostrum is supposed to be clear. It tends to start off clear then a bit further into pregnancy you may notice it is clear and sometimes orangey or yellow. It's normal though. Nicki, it is probably just a hormaonal thing that is making you leak (do you think it ties in with when you are ovulating?), but do mention it to a GP/Doctor because sometimes nipple discharge can be a sign of something 'sinister'. I am sure it isnt but they do say to get it checked out.
  • Options
    Thanks Phoenix.
  • Options
    I have had alot of leakage for years worse at certain times of the month but varying form clear to milky to greenish. have had it checked out and given the all clear but now I'm pregnant it has decreased.

It is always best to get it checked out though

Nicole