Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early pregnant and bleeding?

Hi all, I've just had a scan and I'm 5 weeks pregnant, altho I've been bleeding since Fri, mainly when I wee I bleed? It snot heavy but it seems thick and its bright red? I have done another test this morning and I'm still pregnant but will I loose baba? Also worried that if pregnancy continues will baba b ok?
Marie..x

Replies

• Options
    when did you have a scan hun?
    some bleeeding is ok in early pregnancy but you need to get it checked out. It maybe do you have a urine infection if you bleed when you wee. See if you can contact on call drs over this weekend and take a urine sample with you for them to test. Fingers crossed all goes ok.
    Filo x
  • Options
    hya hun sorry to hear bout your problem..i am nearly 12 weeks pregnant but from 6 weeks i started to lose a brown discharge.. ( this worried me as had this when i had a M/C last year) went to A&E they sent me to EPU and had a scan..baby and heartbeat were seen but they discovered i had a subchirionic heammorhage (my post is on here somewhere about this subject) was told to take it easy and that i could expect to bleed more and if i did to go back to a&e ..all was fine for bout a week (still slight brown but nothing more) then i went out one evening and after about an hour discovered i had lost thick red blood..i panicked like mad and went back to hospital..they scanned again..baby was fine..growing okay and measuring 8 weeks..but heammorhage was still present when i saw midwife she said as long as my boobs were hurting (as this is only symptom of pregnancy that i have!) then everything is okay..not very reassuring but it was better than my doctor telling me i was gunna lose baby and that was that!..havent seen him since for obvious reasons..i have my 12 weeks scan on friday..done a pregnancy test last week and it came back positive so i am hoping that all is fine..even have a bit of a bump!! and ive lost no blood or brown since about 3 weeks ago.
    anyway thats my story .. was not meant to upset you or worry you but i would recommend you go to your A&E and tell them you are early pregnant with bleeding..they SHOULD see you str8 away and you should be given a scan hope everything is okay
    Emma
  • Options
    Still bleeding? but still not lots so I'm hopeful??
    Will they see me in A & E ?
    Had my scan Sat..
    Marie.x
  • Options
    hys that sounds hopeful..yeah they will still see you in A&E..get yourself down there it will put your mind at rest..have fingers crossed for you
  • Options
    Hi Marie

I don't really have any advice to give except not to worry and to try and rest as much as possible. I have had bleeding on and off throughout my pregnancy and am now 22+4. I had my anomaly scan last Weds and the baby is fine. It can be so hard not to worry and I have to see a consultant every month and have a scan every month until the baby is born as the bleeding has gone on but all seems well so far. I'm practically on first name terms with the staff at my a&e but I still go back if things seem worse or the bleeding seems heavier.

I really hope things settle down for you, I know exactly what you are going through and just wanted to share my story with you. Hopefully we'll both have happy endings, keep your chin up xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hey

they should see you in A & E. Have you any pain with the bleeding?If so then where? I had quite a bit of bleeding. I know just cause it's normal doesn't mean you will stress any less or not be scared.

All I will say is check it out first before you panick too much. I even had blood clots when I bled at 11 weeks. major blood clots. Big enough to be the baby at the time. I actually passed out. And everything turned out fine.

It's kinda scary when it happens. But just wait till the docs telly ou how to react. Dont you stress about anything just yet. Not till you know what is what.

Good luck sweety!!! Let us know what happens

Tash+Bump

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev143pps__.png

• Options
    Mrs Rebecca, I wish u a world of luck, u've really been through the mill. My son is 9 months old and I had a fab pregnancy with him, no probs at all..
    Just got back from A & E, no wiser!!! said test is still saying pregnant but it could b period, could be bleeding whilst pregnant, as I'm only 5 weeks they wouldnt scan me! told me to rest but go back if pain gets worse. No help or re-assurance at all. Have scan booked through Doc on Mon, just wait till then I guess..xx
  • Options
    i m/c in jan .. it upset me now i am trying agen...u shud get any bleeding checked to b on safe side..
  • Options

I am currently 18 weeks and had two MASSIVE bleeds in early pregnancy (weeks 6 and 10) - we thought there was no chance- was full on haemorridging - with massive clots. But every scan showed baby was still there dancing away! Was so scary, but just shows you can just bleed when pregnant - and when I say bleed - wow I mean BLEED! x

• Options

I will be 7 weeks pregnant in 2 days and starting having light bleeding yesterday. I am not sure what to make of it because it started out a brownish color and now it is getting lighter in color. It also seems like I am bleeding more. The brownish blood was only after I would use the bathroom and wipe, but now it is more. I called my doctor and they said if I start to cramp or bleed heavy to call back. I am really worried because this is my first pregnancy and we have been trying to get pregnant for 3+ years. I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome. I just want everything to be okay. I'm not sure if I am making a big deal over nothing or if I should call my doctor back.

• Options
    i'am 4 weeks pregnant. I just had my first appoint at the docs who dates me at around 6 weeks. I am also having a brownish bleed. She said nothing to worry about but if it gets worse to contact her, so didn't really put my mind at ease. She didn't test me or anything to confirm my pregnancy is this normal?
  • Options

Hello Ladies, Joanna 3 and Natxx. You both have every right to be worried. But for the bleeding or possiblity of miscarriage there is not much the doctor can do about it. I would say if you are bleeding to just take it easy and stay off your feet as much as possible. No heavy lifting or strenuous activity. I have a daughter who is 10 and have miscarried 6 times since her. But yes I would push it with my doctor, if nothing else than to know.

• Options

hi, in April I went to have my normal pap...and took my urine test which came out faint but positive!! I then took a blood test which was inconclusive...so I went back to the doc a few times for urine and blood test again!!! finally the doc was sure I was pregnant!!! so excited..he said IM at such an early stage I havent missed my period yet..now on march 21st I started browinish spottingnow its the 28th and ive been actually bleed red ....IM so scared and stressed that I went to the er yesterday cuz I think IM miscarrying ...did an ultra sound but nothing to see but still pregnant.. oh IM about 5 weeks...IM on bed rest praying the bleeding stops I need sum reassurance IM 31 and am sad cuz it may be a misscarraige. Has anyone had light to more bleeding and didn't miss carry or am I a strees ball and just dont want to beleive IM misscarryingb????  anyone who may have experienced sumthing similar and I have one child when I was 21 and the eaiset preg. ever maybe cuz IM 31 now...I dunno.. really scared an sad but resting...

• Options

hi everyone  i am 5 weeks but 7 weeks since period had a miscarriage 2 years ago. last saturday lst saturday I had sOme Light spotting for 3 days I also had a urine infection the bleeding stopped for 2days and come bck again this mornin but more and is now proper blood but is not like a period. I went hospital and they checked to see if my cervix was still closed and it was wich is a good thing. I also had a scan last wednesday and baby was fine 2 early for heart beat tho as I was only 4 weeks but yolk was there.  i have no pain or any clots but I'm Really scared  i aso dnt hve symtoms of pregnancy apart from mornin sickness and dizzyness of the morning. my ant has had a number of miscarriages can any1 relate to this. All the best  alex xx

• Options

I dont want to alarm you but iv just gone through this but my bleeding lasted for 15 days on and off then stopped for a week but started up again i had 3 scans and lost my pregancy at 7 weeks and 3 days but i only had a yok at 7 weeks so baby did not form, my advice is try mot to stress and puah for another scan, i wish u all the best xxxxx

• Options

We had a mc two months or so ago, bleeding occurred on&off like you describe but it can also be normal according to doctors. Very early on it can be implantation but that's not usually fresh, red blood.

I'd say phone/visit the doctors to ask all the questions you need. If yo or doc think it needs checking out then you should try to book in for a scan with A&E.

All the best wishes and good luck being sent your way! Xx

• Options

they  wont give me a scan she said sme women can bleed up to the forst 12 weeks of their pregnancy did u have any pain or cots durin the bleeding ? alexx xx

• Options

Hi alex

I didnt have clots or pain when i bleed for 15 days i felt fine, happy and very sick in the mornings but when i had my week brake i started to feel pain in my right hip by last weekend i had pain in both hips and then sunday woke up to very bad pain in my lower belly and the top of my belly was almost contracing, i started bleesing again sunday very light but by monday it was like my normal period, and monday evening i started to pass clots, by tuesday when i went for my 3rd scan she told me i was empty it was all over.

The pain i was in was unreal i couldnt move with out tears streeming down my face but once the bleesing started and i was passing cloths the pain went away.

Its been 6 days since i started bleeding and its stopped again.

I would keep asking for a scan i had one at 4,5 and 7 weeks babe keep pushing them its their job at end of day.

I hope it was not tooo graphical for you, i dont want to scare you at all ita not what i want, i would rather just be open and let people kniw what iv gone through if they feel it can help in any way.

Just call them if midwife wont do it a&e will xxx

• Options

hi please help my period was late was supposed to come on the 18th but came on 27th and not blood just smething like a red discharge,it only comes during da day and not during the night,could this be a period or wht,im so confussed.

• Options

Have you tested? X