Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my tummy feels and looks different.

i'm 32 weeks today with 5th baby and my mum came to visit today and she said to me that my tummy had dropped. i must admit that my tummy doesn't feel as tight at the top and does feel softer at the top. so baby must have moved down into my pelvis. but for the past few days i have also felt damp and like a trickle sensation down below. this happened in my last pregnancy at 34 weeks but i felt a pop before i realised that it could be my waters and it was discovered that my hind waters had gone and i went into labour at 38 weeks. and this time i have felt nothing like that. i just hope that it's just baby pressing on my bladder.as last time it was said to me that baby may be born early, it was all very scary at the time. i didn't say anything to the midwife on thursday as it wasn't my usual one and i felt i was just worrying over nothing but now i'm not so sure. i have been getting periody pains as well almost like i am going to start my period. any advice please and has anyone else had this at this stage.xx

Replies

• Options
    hi pen if i was you i would call hosp and get it checked out my friends waters went with a trickle. im 39 weeks and have period pains alot i think its the baby engaging. better to be safe than sorry hun xxx
  • Options
    Hi Pen, I agree with hayley to go and get it checked out with my first I had the same experience at 38 weeks and it was my hind waters so they had to induce me to bring on labour 3 days later, due to any infection. I didnt know it was my waters and just thought it was bladder leaks. Good luck xx
  • Options
    this is gross i know but put a sanitary towel on and smell the liquid as apparently urine smells and fluid doesnt. but you need check it out case of infection like lolllou says. and its their job so dont feel like wasting time hun xxx
  • Options
    Rather be safe and get yourself checked out hun. Good luck!