Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nipples!

Hi everyone, hope that someone can help with my embarrassing problem! I seem to have a strange, clear, sticky discharge leaking from my nipples, especially if I investigate them and squeeze. I don't think it's colostrum as it's not yellow, it looks just like water.

Nipples eem to be very hot and red, so might get it checked with GP.

Thanks,

Emma 32+ 2 x

Replies

• Options
    it probably is milk, mine have been leaking for a while now. but get it checked just in case, you can actually express colostrum in the last few weeks of pregnancy. hope they feel better soon, try putting a cold flannel on them. Em (38 wks today!!)xx
  • Options
    hey i have had this since about 30 weeks and it is indeed colostrum!! i found it quite strange at first cos i didnt think my nipples would start leaking until around the time my baby was due but everyone is different! im due in 2days now so i know my little one will have enough to drink hehe x x x
  • Options
    Did you know that a newborn only drinks seven drops of colostrum in their first feed. There tummy isn't big enough for more! After about a week or so though it is the size of a golf ball apparently. Amazing eh?