Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy Arthritis - does this exist?

sometimes I feel aches in my joints especially fingers but other areas too as though I have a mild type of arthritis!! it happens in the mornings sometimes....it fades away for the rest of the day and does not happen every day. Does anyone else feel this?

Replies

• Options
    Hi ya,
    Have your rings got tighter or anything. It sounds pretty normal to me as you go through your pregnancy your joints swell up a bit with fluid. if your wearing rings etc you might be better taking them off until after your babies born. Cause if you have a slight touch of Oedema rings will make you aches worse. I don't think you have anything to worry about too much!!

Hope this helps a wee bit!

Jayne xx
  • Options
    Hi Jayne, I do get swelling in my hands and feet. that is an interesting point about the ring...thanks!
  • Options
    Tandragee is in Northern Ireland! Its a wee town in Co Armagh. No probs bout rings hope that i've been able to help in someway. When are you due? xx
  • Options
    27th August!
  • Options
    You don't have that long to go then! Time flys by when your pregnant I've got about 8 wks left and it doesn't seem that long ago from it was 8 months. lol
  • Options
    Hi. You can get carpal tunnell syndrome (hope i've spelt it right?) when you're pregnant due to a build up of fluid. You normally get it in the night cause you tend to sleep with your wrists bent and this affects the nerves running to the left part of your hands - thumb, forefinger and middle finger. These normally go dead and you get pins and needles in the rest of the hand. It's also very painful to move your joints to get your hands moving again! My lo is 10 weeks old and I've got CTS after giving birth. Having to wear hand splints at night, which are not that comfy but have seemed to do the trick. If you're still suffering, it might by worth a trip to the dr's. The splints are free on the NHS. Hope this helps. Nic
  • Options
    Hi Nic just read your post I'm suffering from CTS and it drives me mad especially when my fingers get pins and needles. I have to wear splints and have been told if it gets really bad I can have acupuncture. I was also told it would go after the baby was born which is in about seven weeks but after reading that you still have it 10 weeks later I'm gutted. Take Care Claire x
  • Options
    thanks ladies, Nicstrw - thanks for info about CTS - did not think about that! Shoelady - thanks for your info too!