Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Being a grandma

Hi I'm new to the forum and hopefully not regarded with too much suspicion as I'm maybe not typical of the members who usually come on. I am about to become a grandma for the first time (my DIL is due on 24th Feb) and I am exraordarinarily excited. No one can prepare you for the emotional rush of parenthood and I'm told the same about being a grandparent. Has anyone else's mum gone as officially nuts as me and how have they dealt with it??
In my own defence I am not overinvolved-just excited in my own self!!!

Replies

• Options
    Hiya
    Thanks for your friendly reply.
    My DIL is lovely-my son and DIL stay about 20 minutes away and they are happy for me to be involved. The plan for now is that I'm reducing my working hours to help with childcare. Fantastic.
    I can't understand your MIL-I think I will be pacing the corridors outside the labour room!!! I suppose they are the ones who are missing out though, and it's nice that your mum is getting the chance to enjoy her grandkids
  • Options
    Hello Grandmatobe!
    Just wanted to say congratulations and welcome to BE - it's fab to have you on here (I bet loads of us will really benefit from your perspective on things!). My mum and MIL are both really excited about my little bump, and can't wait to meet her! It will be my mum's first grandchild and the in-laws second. They have all been fab, and really supportive!

Ooh - I am waffling too!
    Nikki
    x
    (29 + 6)