Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Smoking Advice UPDATE!!!!

Hi

Just wanted to let you know what happened with my chain smoking mother. I spoke to her about cutting back and to try and not to smoke so much around me (living back at home with parents temp) and ended up having a big row last night about it she then called me selfish for wanting to protect my unborn child.
So I'm gonna have to find somewhere else to live, so wish me luck !!!

Replies

• Options
    Oh you selfish bitch you :roll: Don't blame you mate, I'd do the same AND, after baby's born I'd tell my mother that she can't smoke around the baby at all, its either that or she dont see the baby...simple!

Good luck mate, Eva x
  • Options
    Your not the one being selfish....I cannot believe the way some smokers are!!? and i agree with Eva 100%...dont let her near the baby with a cigurette in her mouth!! Tell her she wont c ur bubba if she cant put the fags down for one min!!
    I really hope u find somewhere suitable soon and keep us all informed how it goes. Best of luck to u Leigh
    Take care
    Hannah xx
  • Options
    Good luck Leigh, sounds like you will be better off without her. I can't believe she thinks her addiction is more important than her unborn grandchild.
    I'm going to be staying with my inlaws for a few days and my FIL is a heavy smoker so I am going to make it clear from the moment I get there that he is not to smoke in the same room as me, if he can't do that then there is no way I will ever be taking the baby round to see them.
    Some people need to get their lives into perspective and realise what really matters.

Let us know how you get on, I think you will be totally fine. xx
  • Options
    Stick to your guns Leigh & remember that its her loss not yours or your baby's.
    I can't believe that she's putting her habit before the health of of her daughter & unborn grandchild.

Good luck with finding somewhere new to live x
  • Options
    No luck with finding a new home, but I'm gonna keep trying. Mother has been home 20 minutes and in that time has smoked 4 fags !!!
    Oh the selfish bitch me, trying to protect my baby.
  • Options
    If u wanna wind her up just do what i do.... sing out loud about how amazing the government are for stopping smoking in public places on July 1st.... just go into the room singing 1 more day to go....!!! it really pisses them off that they cant pop a fag in their mouth whenever and wherever they want!!
    Good look with ur house hunting hun keep looking im sure something will turn up soon
    hannah x