Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Did you know that your Waters were going to break??

I have been getting alot pain down below and bedding in feeling and sometimes i can feel pressure in the bum and lady parts. Sometimes it feels like my waters are going to break.

Did anyone know their waters were going to break or was it a complete surprise?

Carmel

Replies

• Options
    you may be better off posting this in baby hun XX
  • Options
    Hi, mine trickled rather than broke and due to all the extra 'moisture' (tmi)that you experience in pregnancy, I thought it was just more of the same. Even thoughtI went to the hospital about 4 hours after it started, the MW sent me home as there was no real evidence that they had broken. The following evening though, they broke for real and we all knew about it!!
  • Options
    Thanks designerbump, im new to this forum,
  • Options
    I woke up at night feeling weird urge to get to the loo and there they broke up with a huge gush!!!I knew what it was straight away.My baby arrived few hours later.
  • Options
    i didnt know mine were going to break, i was at hospital and it was a gush!

ashy x
  • Options
    I had no idea - like sooky2 I felt like a really needed a wee and as I was running up the stairs to the toilet they broke half way up!!
  • Options
    your welcome hun! and welcome to the forum - I think your due in june? me too... come over to the due in june forum too... We are all in the same baby waiting to come boat!!! xxx
  • Options
    my first pregnancy my waters were leaking at 35wks (didnt know it was my waters) the mw sent me to the hospital to get checked out,they did a internal and said your 3-4cm dialated,if your waters havent popped in a few hours then were going to do it for you,so after a few hours they did.
    my second pregnancy (twins) my waters went at 31wks and it was like a waterfall but everytime i went to the loo for a wee they was like a pulling sensation and it did feel like they were going to pop,so everytime this happened i stopped having a wee,so at 31wks i had the feeling again but i couldnt stop myself from having a wee cos i was busting and so they popped

sarah
  • Options
    I wish id known lol my twins were early lmao image I was at work and serving a customer and then i was like i need a wee like some of the others ladies i stood up to dash off and they broke i thought id wet myself but then the pains came lol! The twins were born early the next morning =D xxx
  • Options
    slightly different scenario to the rest, but i didn't know they were about to, i was being induced and the dooctor examined me to see whther i was far enough to break my waters or not and as he was examining me my waters went, all over him, i kept apologising saying i didn't know it was gonna happen to which he replied 'neither did i' so even the doctor with his hand up there didn't realise they were gonna go, so know idea how i was supposed to know lol. xx
  • Options
    i had no feeling that they would pop. but for some unknown reason i took a towel to bed and left it on the bedside table. they popped jus after midnight when i rolled over in bed and managed to get the towel between my legs before they gushed all over the bed. was a lucky call x