Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can't find maternity bras in my size!

Hi guyss image
I'm expecting my first baby in the summer, and I have naturally big boobs, (34JJ) and so far haven't found yet one place that does maternity or atleast non- underwired bras in my size.
Anybody know of any shops, online or otherwise that do plus size bras?
Can't find any anywhere!! On the plus side, It'll be nice to have a bigger belly rather than boobs for once! image
Any help would be much appreciated :\)

Replies

• Options
    hello

have you tried bravissamo, i am sure they do maternity and just deal with the bigger bust x

becca
    34+2
  • Options
    I am a 38FF and have bought all my bra's so far from Mothercare but not sure if they go up to JJ cups.
    Try Figleaves, they do maternity and I think they do pretty much every size, the only problem is you don't get to try them on in advance with it being online.
    I didn't think Bravissimo did maternity, at least the Nottingham and Edinburgh branches didn't when I was in early pregnancy.
    The mothercare ones I have got are great but I had to butcher them and remove some wiring they had down the sides that was supposed to replace the under wiring but it just dug in my ribs and was really uncomfy, as soon as I removed the wires they were really comfy!
  • Options
    MI

mothercare only go upto a G, thats where i have got mine from and hoping i dont grow much more as they wont do my size if i do!

bravissamo do them online and the store can order them in to try, la senza do this aswell but dont go up to j i dont think x
  • Options
    Yeah i've tried bravissimo as i have to get my normal bras from there anyway, but they don't go up that far, im struggling to get normal bras from there anymore too. I've always hated having big boobs image i was thinking about making an appointment with my gp to ask for a reduction before my bfp, as they are just so uncomfortable and have been causing me bad backache. Emotionally they're awful too...trying to find a dress for my sisters wedding a few months ago that fit my bust in was a nightmare...i cried for about 2 days straight!! Even buying normal clothes is a challenge! If i can't find any i'll go into bravissimo and explain, see what they can do. I'll wait til after my little bean is born to get them chopped off!
    Thanks for your advice image x
  • Options
    Yeah i've tried bravissimo as i have to get my normal bras from there anyway, but they don't go up that far, im struggling to get normal bras from there anymore too. I've always hated having big boobs image i was thinking about making an appointment with my gp to ask for a reduction before my bfp, as they are just so uncomfortable and have been causing me bad backache. Emotionally they're awful too...trying to find a dress for my sisters wedding a few months ago that fit my bust in was a nightmare...i cried for about 2 days straight!! Even buying normal clothes is a challenge! If i can't find any i'll go into bravissimo and explain, see what they can do. I'll wait til after my little bean is born to get them chopped off!
    Thanks for your advice image x
  • Options
    try bras4mums online, i got my last ones from there, they do up to Ls! xx
  • Options
    ave you tried the make freya? thats the make i have to use and im an h! not quite as big as you but bigger than a g at least lol!!! hope you find one! its really not easy is it?
  • Options
    bravissimo, hot milk, and debenhams, miriam stoppard ones and freya are in debenhams and go up to about that size i think, i know they def go up to a GG. xx
  • Options
    My problem is the other side of it; I've gone from a 32B to a 38DD! Hope like hell I don't go above a 38 as haven't seen many bras in a 40!! And the increase in back size isn't from gaining weight; it's ribcage opening. I dread to think what size bump I'm going to have if my ribs are opening 6"!!!!

Jenny 23+1
  • Options
    Hot Milk really creeps me out lol, such a creepy name for a company!!
    I spent an absolute fortune on new bras from bravissimo a month before getting my BFP and now can't wear any of them lol! I think my boobs have actually suffered a bit from not wearing under wires, I think they have sagged a bit although that could just be from them getting heavier but I just cannot find bras where the wire sits against my rib cage without digging into my boobs. They all dig into my cleavage in the middle, I think I just have an abnormally close natural cleavage. The woman in bravissimo ended up recommending plunge bras which she has previously told me to avoid because they were the only ones that actually fit me.
    I need to go through the whole shopping thing again soon to get feeding bras! Having big boobs is a nightmare at times!
  • Options
    I have huge boobs 38k and strugle to find bras as it is image

I'm only 28 I want prety bras not huge granny looking ones

I'm only 7 weeks so I hate to think how much bigger mine are going to get image
  • Options
    Have you tried Simply Be? I get clothes from them anyway as I'm a big girl, but they do maternity and nursing bras. Not sure exactly what size they go up to, but I'm sure you'd get something,

RickiD 28+4
  • Options
    Hi,
    These aren't maternity but breast feeding so not wired. There is only a couple in your size though :\( You can contact the NCT to see if there is a bra fitter in your area that can measure you and advise.

http://www.nctshop.co.uk/Royce-Jasmine-White/productinfo/1149/

http://www.nctshop.co.uk/Royce-Charlotte-Feeding-Bra-White/productinfo/1172W/

HTH
    Lilou x
  • Options
    John lewis do the royce bras up to an L cup. I currently have the K size and althought they dont look as pert as i would like it is so so comfortable, and at 28 weeks thats what im after! If they dont have it you could get them to order a load and just return what doesnt fit. Good luck x
  • Options
    Hi I was a 36G and went up to a 36JJ when preg.

I was a JJ at 6 weeks preg but didn't get any bigger... thank god! I wore normal underwired bras I just made sure I was measured regularly. The non wired bras gave me weird madonna boobs and were v unsupportive of my big boobs. I let them roam free at night which worked for me.
    Bravissimo got up to a K in non wired (Royce) as I tried them on image
  • Options
    Hi I was a 36G and went up to a 36JJ when preg.

I was a JJ at 6 weeks preg but didn't get any bigger... thank god! I wore normal underwired bras I just made sure I was measured regularly. The non wired bras gave me weird madonna boobs and were v unsupportive of my big boobs. I let them roam free at night which worked for me.
    Bravissimo got up to a K in non wired (Royce) as I tried them on image
  • Options
    Wow...thank god i'm not the only one in this position! Thanks for all your advice guys...really really appreciate it image
    Will let you all know how i get on xx