Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tingling in my erm, bits!

Anyone else get a funny sensation "down there" that feels like you are sitting on a vibrator on a low setting? It's really annoying. It's not constant but it feels like I have a wee motor running down there! IS it the increased blood flow or something else? I'm clueless!

Replies

• Options
    I'm sorry i havent....but it sounds more enjoyable than this god awful heartburn!!!
  • Options
    How far on r u?
    I had shooting pains down there.
  • Options
    16 weeks today. It's more annoying than pleasant! lol! I have had little shooting pains for a week. I think that's down to round ligament pain. I think my ligaments are doing lots of stretching at the moment! I googled it but didn't come up with anything.
  • Options
    I have those tinglings and the pains. My midwife said it partly where the baby is lying and extra blood flow. I didn't start to get them untill baby was engaged. Enjoy the tinglings, its makes me laugh. LoL. X X X
  • Options
    I can only imagine what you typed to google that!! And what type of websites might have appeared as a result, he, he. Wierd this pregnancy malarky, isnt it?!!
  • Options
    Worryingly it talks of genital herpes but I've only been with ma hubby and he has never strayed!
  • Options
    eww gross! Think you're safe on that score, its probably just one of those charming pregnancy side effects that millions of women have experienced but everyone fails to mention until youre up the duff and its too late to put you off! A cold bath shoud help alleviate the tingling - good luck x
  • Options
    Thanks! It's probably just increased blood flow. If it doesn't go away I'll phone the midwife and ask her!
  • Options
    Anyone else get a funny sensation "down there" that feels like you are sitting on a vibrator on a low setting? It's really annoying. It's not constant but it feels like I have a wee motor running down there! IS it the increased blood flow or something else? I'm clueless!

Hi Nicospoon... I know what you mean......I have this and I am in my third pregancy.. my first pregancy I was quite worried as it varied whether or not i had a burning sensation like I was on fire.. (there werent any infections) to having a stabbing pain to the vibrations...

this is third pregnancy and i get the vibrations.. i know to some peeps it may sound exciting and wished they had it, but I feel it is annoying ad wish it would stop!!!!

I have asked the midwife what it was that caused this but she has never sad.. but she is hopeless anyway!!!

• Options
    THanks everyone! At least I know I'm not weird. Which is more than can be said for that midwife helpline number! I had to try to explain it over the phone today to which she replied "Phone your doctor" and hung up! Couldn't believe how rude she was! I'm not sure if she thought I was taking hte micky or something. She must have. I was left very confused and as I'm very hormonal at the moment I started crying!!! I was in my work too! I had to try and explain what was wrong and why I was crying. That's when I started giggling uncontrolably! Being pregnant is one hell of a rollercoaster!