Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

12 wk scan

does it look like a baby now? or an alien?? with my daughter,my 3 month turned out to be 4 month,and she looked perfect,i dont know what to expect at this scan!! will the baby be moving? look human yet? at my 9 wk scan it looked like a bean,and it was special still!! i know ill enjoy it no matter what,im just curious!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi there, We went for the scan the week before last and were very excited when we saw a baby! My partner actually gasped as baby moved. We even saw the wee heart beating which was totally amazing! When I went for the 12week scan with my son (now nearly 6yrs!) there wasn't much to see but this time was so different. We're now looking forward to the next scan and hopefully finding out if its a boy or girl! My son is going with us so that will be very special. Good luck and enjoy! Debs 13+4
  • Options
    Mine at 12+4wks looked like a cross between an alien and a baby, could see fingers (s/he waved at us!) and lots of movement but had a huge head and weedy body! the most beautiful thing ever though.
    Good luck!
    xClaire 19+2wks
  • Options
    When I had mine done I thought I was 15 weeks but it turned out I was only 12 +3. Baby looked so clear though ours waved too! s/he wriggled around for a bit then went back to sleep. really excited about my next scan but have a month and a half to wait yet.
  • Options
    look at my avatar, thats me baby at 14weeks...a bit scary pulling a face, but i think it def looks like a baby...

xxxx
  • Options
    mine looked like a baby at 12 wks ( well almost baby like). It was a fantastic clear picture so you cuold see arms, spine, ribs etc just a bit top heavy with the head almost the size of the body!!!
    However it is staying like that with the head size on the 97th point on the graph. not looking forward to the head coming out if its really that big LOL!!!
    Nicole and 32wk Splodge
  • Options
    cheers debs,hope all is well and your able to find out!! i did last time with my daughter,so keeping it a suprise this time!! cant wait,my scan is tommorow!!! cheers claire,thats what i thought,my daughter looked in perfect proportion at 4 months,and i was expecting that til i remembered i was a month further with that scan!!! will be mad though, i had a scan at 9 wks and baby looked more like a bean,so itll be mad just to see how much hes grown!!! i listen in on my doppler everyday,and dont eat sweets as makes baby hyper lol hey squirleyfaerie lovely scan pictue,hope i manage to get a good en like that,its great!! well done,although i know ill be chuffed with whatever!!
    hey nicole lol im sure it will be fine lol maddest thing is head hurts and the rest is a breaze!! lol do you have any other children,or this your 1st?? sounds amazing,im sooooo excited!! thankyou for hyping me up you guys xxxxx
  • Options
    had scan today! it was so amazing!! baby wouldnt stop moving and doing headstands and allsorts!! could see lovely little hands,long legs and it was brilliant!!!
  • Options
    When I went for a scan at 7 weeks, the baby looked just like a bean - tiny and surrounded by a black abyss! When my husband, parents (Yep, Mum and Dad came, too, to see 1st grandchild!) and I saw the baby at the 12 week scan, we were absolutely amazed. Not only had she(?) grown loads, but was moving around, bouncing, stretching, turning! I can't wait for my 20 week scan to see the difference again. It really was a truly amazing moment! Hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    thats excellent news carli - especially after your initial worries - hope your feeling more confident now than you were 5 weeks ago....time has flown in. xxxximage
  • Options
    hey squirleyfaerie,yeah,feeling great,im really happy,gotta relax more now and go with the flow!!! im so chuffed though,thanks xxx
  • Options
    hopefully will get avator working soon,lol
  • Options
    Hi Carlielaine.
    Does your avatar still not work?

Web Editor
  • Options
    Hiya, so pleased for you. Glad it was good for you. xx
  • Options
    hey suzaie, cheers, me too!!!! cant believe how great it was, i forgot how special it is!! cant wait for my 20 wk scan on 21st december!!!! still really scared of everything at the minute though,not giving birth,but other things i suffered with last time,hoping im better this time!! fingers crossed, how r u? xx
  • Options
    cant see avator,no,cheers.
  • Options
    I'm not bad thanks chick, feeling a bit nervous now cause I'm have a c section next wednesday, less than a week to go!!!!
  • Options
    awww, i bet you r, just remember, once its over youll be seeing your baby,and it will be quicker then normal delivery! just try be positive and vision it going how you want it to, but i know, no one can say alot can they,at the end of the day its you that has to do it!! thats how i feel about things im scared of like dentist lol although not quite same level but y know!! tk care, hope it all goed well for you, and once its over,its over!! xxx
  • Options
    Hiya, congrats on ur scan.. Pleased all is growing happy n healthy.. I'm 11 weeks 2moro, still no midwife contact, have just rung n left a message at midwifes. I saw my Doc 5 weeks ago! At the time I thought I was going 2 early, should of gone straight away, apparently they have a midwife down in my practice. Am worried as its my 1st, I have no symptons which I know I should b happy bout but I'm just worried he's not in there, not growing etc...
    Can any1 tell me y people write on this site they r 12+3 weeks? sorry 2 b ignorant but I'm a newie.....xxx
  • Options
    hulloooo firstbaba....12+3 weeks equals 12 weeks and 3 days.... I'm sitting at 34+2 just now, so just under 5 weeks to go. Did the doc not tell you to make the appt with your midwife yourself? No worries, just means you'll be in and scanned before you know it. Hope it goes well for ya! xxxxx
  • Options
    hey first baby, 12+3 i should imagine is 12 wks 3 days!? not sure,i never noticed it lol, in that case im 12+1! oh thats gd,i like that lol. im sure youll be fine, you could always rent a doppler in mean time to listen to babys heart,this reassured me loads,as i bought one,and started hearing baby at 10+6 wks, although sometimes it takes longer,everyone is different. gosh,dont talk to me about midwife appointments!!(not meant literally) my midwife is a nightmare at the minute!! keep hastling them,i would.tk care,ps scan is amazing xx