Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

back pain!

hi for the last few dys ive had realy bad back pain i cant bend or walk to far now its getting worse i dont no if this is anything to do with being pregnant as im only 10 weeks has anyone eles had similar problems? do you think i should see a doctor? (i no its got to be sorted but im so scared incase its something bad or theres a problem with the baby! maybe im being overdramatic?!) thanx nell

[Modified by: nell on 06 November 2006 19:15:41 ]

Replies

• Options
    See your doctor, they might be able to refer you for some physio to help ease it. You can take paracetamol whilst pregnant and something like a hot water bottle or warm bath might help. Hope itgets easier for you! xx
  • Options
    Hi Nell, yes just check it out with your gp or midwife. Its probably your joints and ligaments loosening up because of the pregnancy hormones. Im sure its all ok but get it checked for your own peace of mind. Debs x
  • Options
    i am suffering with a bad back on and off during my pregnancy, as debbiemc said, i think its your body loosening up for the growing baby. if you know you might have strained it picking something up or whatever get it checked out by GP and go to physio. the thought of carrying a baby and having a bad back freaks me out too. hope it works out ok mate
    xc
  • Options
    ive had mahjor back problmes and it worries me too but ive benn told its liekly to happen as you are carrying alot of wiehgt and ur body is adjusting!! i haven't found any rmeedies apart from to put up with it. hope you feel better soon take care x