Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rhesus Negative and bump bashing.

My 7 year old niece jumped on my bump this weekend at a family do. It was an accident but I was furious with her parents who didn't tell her off in any way. Being 300miles away from home I waited to get back before contacting the midwife and was told that as I was nearly 24 weeks I should contact the delivery suite at the hospital. They asked me to go in straight away which was overwhelming. A lady was contracting in the corridor and I got really upset as I shouldn't have been there. The staff were great and calmed my nerves but I only relaxed when I heard baby W's heartbeat.

Went back in yesterday and had my Anti D injection. Had a bit of a panic when we couldn't find baby's heartbeat but the little blighter was lying down and quite oblivious to the panic.
I just wanted to reassure other Mums2B that a bump bash when you're rhesus neg doesn't always mean the worse but do call your doctor, midwife or hospital. You won't be over reacting.
Still feel a bit bruised and weepy but am back at work today - though not able to concentrate at all. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I can totally relate to you, when i was 34 weeks pregnant i had a car accident and was rushed into hospital. Luckily they managed to stop my labour and gave me the anti-d injection and my little girl was born two weeks after her due date totally healthy. Having rhesus negative blood can be a bit of a pain but it didn't harm my little one at all, so i feel so lucky! xxxxx