Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

King Parrot Furniture- reviews wanted

Has anyone got the King Parrot sleigh bed?

I have fallen in love with it in the very dark wood and knows its a sister company to Boori- anyone know the difference in quality- as the price is markedly different ?

If you have one, what do you think? Worth the investment?

Heres the King parrot

http://domain1633064.sites.fasthosts.com/uploaded_files/product_images/COTBEDS/images/sleigh_cot_bed_nursery_furniture.jpg

and here is the boori

http://www.boori.co.uk/uploaded_files/product_images/Cotbeds/images/boori_sleigh_cot_bed_large2.jpg

Thanks in advance ladies

Replies

• Options
    Hi MG! I can comment on Boori (although not sure if that's what you want as the damn advert covered up that bit of your post!).

We looked at a Boori set in Kiddicare in Peterborough (they had both Boori and King Parrot sets on display) and the quality was very poor. There was no way that my hubby was going to spend nearly 2k on the set when, for example, the doors of the wardrobe did not meet in a straight line (to be fair, could have been the way it was put together - the assistant was no help though). Also, when spending money on decent furniture we like a smooth fluid action on our drawers. They were very stiff and awkward.

We were glad we saw it in the flesh - we really didn't think the Boori was worth the money. Hope that helps a little bit.

K x
  • Options
    hmmm thats interesting about the wardrobe Kayecee.

We looked at the Boori bed in the flesh and it was immaculate, absolutely gorgeous but they had no other items from the range there to try out.

I am not sure I'd bother with a kids wardrobe anyway, may use the bookcase and drawer unit instead, as I think its a lot for a wardrobe.

I just love the shape of the sleigh beds and these are by far the most expensive and made from walnut or solid oak, so I figured in terms of quality they'd be the best.

Thanks for your thoughts

• Options
    That's okay. The sleigh bed is stunning. Like I say, could just be the way the furniture had been put together x
  • Options

We have gone for the Boori Sleigh and it is immaculate, well made, solid and of a very high quality. We actually went for the full set, wardrobe, chest and cotbed and cannot fault any of it at all. They built the Sleigh on delivery (all other furniture comes fully assembled - Wardrobe in 2 parts) and it has been well constructed and unlike Kayecee found the workmanship perfect, no rickety drawers etc.

I would have liked to compare the King Parrott but we didnt have the opportunity and fell in love with the sturdiness of the Borri on sight.

Like you say it is the little brother to the Boori, sunstantially cheaper but by the same manufacturers so I would expect an equally high quality.
  • Options
    Must have been the way it had been constructed. That's a real shame - would have bought it otherwise! Kiddicare take note! x
  • Options
    Kaycee - Could possibly be the case since Kiddicare is such a mahoosive store with so many people coming and going, it may have been badly put up or damaged with wear and tear of customers constantly pulling and prodding - I hope anyway! :\)
  • Options
    I think you are probably right sharmy. We wouldn't have the been the first or last people to open those drawers that day!!!!
  • Options
    Brilliant reviews ladies thank you.
    Kayecee I bet Boori would be furious if they knew the store had put it all together so badly- its not a great advert for them is it?!

I think its still our first choice, the sleigh bed is just soooo lovely

• Options
    Hi Monologirl (and Kayecee!)

Just wondered if you'd seen/heard about the Simon Horn cotbed?

We've got the opportunity to buy one second hand (longer version) and it looks stunning....

http://www.simonhorn.com/products.asp?topmenuid=1&category=4

xxx
  • Options
    ooohh thats gorgeous Mrs. Pootle

Must investigate costs !

xx
  • Options
    hi there ive got kp sleigh cot bed in dark wood and its lovely dont regret buying it cause its sturdy and well made and will last few babies!!! only problems we've had is when baby was teething he chewed rail and has made teeth marks which shows through in lighter wood!! i'll need to sand and re stain to fix!! just about to use now as bed with sides off so see how that goes x
  • Options
    Where are they available? I can't find any on the net.

I like the IzziWotNot Bailey sleigh bed, similar to the Boori, but cheaper! Although I'm sure there is a difference in the build quality.

The Simon Horn range looks gorgeous, but it must be sooooooo expensive! I definitely don't have a budget that big :lol: