Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

iCandy Peach

Hi All,

We've been to look at the iCandy Peach again today and more confused than ever. Had my heart set on it but no where has the colour Black Jack on display! We've only been going to independants, does anyone know whether it is likely that John Lewis displays the colour BJ?? They've told us that they are struggling to get display models in BJ due to demand - surely this means it can't be that bad if it's such a popular colour?

However, a sales guy showed us the changing bag in BJ and we honestly did not realise it was brown. Not sure what to think after seeing the changing bag but unsure if this is fully representative as the Peach is two tone.

As we're not going to find out the sex of the baby we wanted BJ due to it being neautral. Has anyone got one? Has anyone seen one in the flesh? Does anyone have any better pictures than the iCandy website? Opinions & help wanted please!

We do quite like it in Sweet Pea but think this may be too boyish, anyone think the same?

We haven't seen any other travel systems that we like, so not sure what to do if we don't end up getting the Peach.

xx

(Also posted in July)

[Modified by: ChocolateMuffin on 30 January 2010 19:07:53 ]

[Modified by: ChocolateMuffin on 30 January 2010 19:08:15 ]

Replies

• Options
    I an't help an awful lot, we ordered the peach in sweet pea, we both loved the brightness and I think that it would be fine for a girl tbh, but thats just me, I like bright colours. I think the changing bag is a pretty good representation of the colour of black jack, as its like liquorice rather than black (maybe think black jack sweeties?) I know that there are a few girls in DIJune have got it in blackjack so might be worth wandering in there and asking?

(ps I love it, and nothing else compared to it for me so I hope you find a colour that you like)
  • Options
    We got the tomato one I didn't like the black jack cause of the brown colour
  • Options
    Thanks Jellytots & Tatooed Monkey - we love it too & that's part of the problem I suppose. It's a lot of money to spend without seeing the exact colour.

Looking on the iCandy website, I can see from the pushchair piccy that it does look like a liquorice colour - we just thought that was slightly dis-coloured on the photo. I think the pushchair picture looks liquorice/brown & the carrycot picture looks black.

I'm sure it would look nice in the flesh, I guess it was just shock as it wasn't what we expected.

[Modified by: ChocolateMuffin on January 30, 2010 08:23 PM]

• Options
    We have got it in blackjack and I am really pleased we changed our mind from sweatpea. It is a very dark chocolate brown with charcoal grey. It is very neutral I don't think it will show up marks or start to look grubby as it gets used and we spent the extra so it would last more than 1 baby and I was concerned that as lovely as the sweatpea is it might start to look dated when the whole bright vibrant colour thing goes out of fashion if that makes sense.
    Where abouts are you? We saw it in blackjack at a little independent near derby if that's any use to you.
  • Options
    oops double post!

[Modified by: Miss Impatient on January 31, 2010 12:21 AM]

• Options
    Also meant to say I am posting on my phone at the mo but tomorrow I will post some pics I took so you can see, I think they are a little clearer than iCandys
  • Options
    Given up trying to sleep so posting now instead :lol:

This is the carrycot

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs152.snc3/17952_383112660471_540055471_10307432_905905_n.jpg

and the main pushchair although my buggy snuggle is covering it up

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs132.snc3/17952_383112680471_540055471_10307434_3530027_n.jpg

• Options
    Last post I promise lol. The best thing about having a more neutral pushchair is my gorgeous baby bag looks even better against the plain colours image ...

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs152.snc3/17952_383112650471_540055471_10307431_3053659_n.jpg

• Options
    Aaaaawww thank you Miss Impatient for the piccies - it does look lovely, I think it will look better in the flesh than I was imagining after seeing your pics.

I definately want to see one now - we live in Shropshire, Derby may be a bit far, but I suppose if it's a chance to see it it may be worth the drive.

I think you might be right too about the bright colours dating as we also wanted to use this for our second baby (hopefully).

I've tried looking at other travel systems but after seeing the iCandys others just don't look as a good quality - I think it's the chrome edging that makes it look expensive.

Thanks for you help!

PS - I also have a pink lining bag! image

xx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

Sorry for g/c but we have been looking at the iCandy Peach and the iCandy Cherry but are struggling to find prices for them, would you be able to give me any ideas how much we would be looking at?

Thanks in advance
    Cx
  • Options
    Miss Impatient...can any five point snuggle fit into it or do you have to buy certain brands??
  • Options
    you wont find the price on line at all. the peach is about ??600 and the cherry about ??400. shop around!

also, with regards to colour. when we wanted the peach (we since decided and bought the cherry in fudge) we went to the 3 stockists near where we live. each stocked the different colour! so we got to see them all, but it was the sweat pea i loved.
  • Options
    BE has mixed my posts up in some random order from last night, hmmm how bizarre!!

mrsc83 I think any, we got our buggy snuggle as a christmas present so I didn't buy a specific one for it. I would presume any 5 point one would fit. I love the buggy snuggles, the LO's I looked after had them and they are the best quality I came across but they can be pretty pricy! The thing I really like is that you can zip off the top part when it's warmer so they still have the comfy liner to sit on and you can take it out and wash it rather than scrubbing the buggy. I didn't look into any others though so they may all do that.

EmeraldMum2B, the Peach is ??499 for the pushchair and ??150 for the carrycot and the Cherry is ??500 for the pushchair and carrycot although I can't remember how that breaks down. The pushchair is not suitable from birth so really you would need the carrycot. We got ours about ??70 cheaper than that though from an independent so shop around for prices and remember John Lewis do price match.

CM, Derby is a bit of a way to go, I would just try ringing around all your local stockists and asking what colour their sample is, someone must have it in BJ surely!! I have to say my initial thought was yuk when I saw the BJ on the website, I was completely swayed when I saw it in the flesh.
  • Options
    we are getting it in BlackJack - i didnt think it looked brown when we saw it

every John Lewis i've been to had it displayed in BlackJack so they are probably your best bet
  • Options
    hey there im new! im getting this pram in sweetpea, we having a boy and fell in love with it. the black jack one is very popular i see peeps with it all over edinburgh! its a nice rich chocolate brown and grey.
    we would have gone for it if we hadnt of found it it was a boy!
    kirsty 21+3 xx
  • Options
    Thank you all for your helpful replies - the more I think about the iCandy Peach, the more I want one! image

I'm definately going to try and find somewhere that displays the BlackJack so I can have a look.

I feel very excited today! :lol::lol:

xx

• Options
    We've been to Winstanley's Pram World in Wigan today and they had the Black Jack one on display. It was the double version but at least you'd get the colour. Obviously no help at all if you don't live in the North West!
  • Options
    we are thinking of the icandy peach too, anyone after the RRP you can send off for the catalogue from the icandy website, they included a price list in the one we were sent xx