Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Keeping schtum for 12 weeks

so i have just had positive tests, husband and i are very excited, yet also in disbelief too. so my question is how did everyone stay quiet for 12 weeks. i know the first 12 weeks can happen but part of me wants to tell people. 

Replies

• Options

I told close family at 5 weeks but want to wait until 12 weeks to tell more distant family and friends. Although I did regret it a bit because I feel under a lot of pressure now not to misscarry and let people down. If you don't see close family too often and can keep it hidden, I would wait until 12 weeks.

• Options

MrsB17, congratulations! I totally remember wanting to tell anyone and everyone I was pregnant, it's like utter disbelief! We have a Due in October 2018 birth club right this way, where you can scream it from the (virtual) rooftops that you're pregnant! Please do come and check it out, and you can meet other women due the same time as you too. 

• Options

The secret is act like nothings changed except you can't because your sooo tired you feel constantly nauseas, you eat for England when you don't feel sick and you switch to decaf tea and no gin how on earth can you hide it ! I didn't broadcast it but some people will guess but i wouldn't try and hide it from people that do work it out because it means they actually are paying attention to you ! 

Good luck to you !