Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So Upset....

I decided to finish work early today as I've been feeling a bit off colour this morning and I was waiting for the bus and felt really dizzy. The bus arrived and I got on and as I was getting on I almost fainted and the bus driver said I wasn't allowed to get on cos I looked drunk and was going to be sick, I said no I'm pregnant not drunk and he said "your coat makes you look fat not pregnant". I was so upset, I got off and a couple of old ladies helped me and offered to call someone for me, but I have just come back to the office to cry. I am so upset, how can anyone be that nasty? I hate the bus and was only using is cos work has crap parking so we car pool and today wasn't my turn to drive. I am now waiting for my mum to come and pick me up. xxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    omg that is shocking! I would ring up the bus company to complain! There is no need to speak to a customer like that.
    Hope you feel better soon hun. xxx
  • Options
    Oh bless, im really sorry to hear this sweety. Make sure you complain about this driver. Hope your mum comes soon and you can relax for the rest of the day x
  • Options
    I would most definately complain! Bless you it must have been horrible!

I hope you feel better soon.
    xxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that honey. You should definitely complain to the bus company. A bus driver once made me cry when i was a teenager (can't for the life of me remember why) and my Mam called the company and they took it extremely seriously. In this day and age when people are crying out for jobs that w******r doesn't deserve to have one. I'm so sorry that you had to stand for that. Please do something about it so he'll learn his lesson and you'll feel better
    xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    omg thats disgusting - I would put in a complaint!! How bad is that, I am really shocked - what an a*seh*le! ((((big hugs)))) to you hun. Wish I was there with you I would've given him what for! xx
  • Options
    I'm OK, I have had a really low blood pressure all along, nothing serious and it makes me feel dizzy if I stand for too long so I knew I'd be OK once sat on the bus. I can't stop sobbing, everyone in work is being lovely though getting me food and drink. xxxx
  • Options
    aww sweetie!! You MUST complain to the bus company. What a pig that bus driver was!! Hope you feel much better soon. xx
  • Options
    Aww hun so sorry to hear this arrogant Tw*t upset you definately complain hun and try to forget about the incident image xx
  • Options
    Hun that's awful, please try not to let some pathetic bus driver make you feel bad, and if you or your mum has the time please make a complaint about him, he shouldn't be able to ruin peoples days like that. What if it had been late at night and he told you to get off.
    Hope you feel better soon .
  • Options
    That's horrible. You should certainly complain.
    Nobody should be treated like that.

xx
  • Options
    Can't believe the bus driver spoke to you like that!!! Definatly put a complaint in. Hope your feeling better soon x
  • Options
    That's awful! Definitely complain hun! I'll do it on your behalf if you like! That's infuriated me!

I hope you're feeling better though hun. xx
  • Options
    You definitely need to complain to the bus company - tell them where the bus stop was, the time and the number of the bus. He should have helped you rather than just leaving you there when you were unwell. Or if you don't feel up to it, get your OH to complain.
  • Options
    hi hun,

hope you're ok now,

can I ask whereabouts you are?

I work within this sector so if its one of our companies then I will do the complaint for you. its shocking behaviour! How dare he say that,

• Options
    I'm in Lytham St Annes near Blackpool. xxx
  • Options
    Hi Hun

That is absolutely disgusting, wot a utter w*****!
    I bet it would be different if men were haveing babies, could you imagine how they would moan about their symptoms!
    I put in a complaint, he shouldnt be able to treat people in such an disgusting mannor.
    Hope your feeling beeter soon. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    im sorry hun Im in the Midlands,

definately put this in writing to the company - get your oh to do it. If I received a complaint like this I would take action against the driver,

other than what happened the other info you need to include is:

time
    where you boarded
    service number - and direction (ie out of town)
    fleet number (this will be on your bus ticket - or did you see it on the side of the bus - usually above the door) its not vital so dont worry if you cant remember it.

all this info will make it easier to pinpoint the driver. I would also put something in the leeter explaining that I expect a written apology directly from the driver!

I am absoutely furious for you,

hope your chilling now hun and feeling better

• Options
    this post ha absolutly insensed me!!
    i would ring the bus company to complain.......the driver was discriminative also..and assumptious!! what a prick! hope your feeling better once you get home and get your feet up xxxx
  • Options
    Go home, get some rest and then complain - digusting! x
  • Options
    i would write a very formal complaint, that is just disgusting how someone could treat a pregnant woman like that. not only accusing you of being drunk but then indicating that you just looked 'fat'. outrageous, i would fight for him to be properly disciplined xxxx