Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I really that Huge?????

Hi Ladies, I'm probably being a bit paranoid but all morning at work I've been getting comments about the size of my bump and i'm starting to get a bit of a complex about it. "My GOD, you're HUGE!", being one of several. My personal favourite though was "Theres no mistaking you're pregnant now!". Really? Did you think I was lying to you for the last 6 weeks? Arghhhhh! Please can you tell me if my bump is bigger than normal? The picture below was taken at 17+4, I am 18+1 today and I do seem to be expanding daily. I dont have another check up until the 18th May so no idea what size I should be for my gestation. Thanks ladies
xx :\?

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss342/mervsgirl/bump pictures/?action=view&current=SN151710.jpg

Replies

• Options
    You look lovely hun!
    I wouldn't worry too much, everyone carries different, I think you have a lovely bump! Im 24 weeks tomorrow and still just look fat lol!

Becky
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi,
    You're not huge, you have a lovely bump!! I think people just don't know what to say so they make comment on your bump xx
  • Options
    Hi G/C image

I was about your size at this stage, I starting showing quite early people started guessing when I was 11 weeks image
    Every women is different and have different size bumps,my cousin is 26 weeks and she has the same size bump as my friend who is 15 weeks

Be proud of your bump image

Gem
  • Options
    I was ur size at that stage to. Dont worry about it. If they comment about u being huge just turn around an say yeah im pregnant whats ur excuse im sure that will shut them up lol x
  • Options
    bump is looking lovely hun- you're slim so might be more obvious but you've got nothing to worry about image

• Options
    Thats a lovely bump just ignore other peoples comments every womans body is different. I still dont really have a bump and im 24 weeks pregnant, but with my little boy Javen i was massive at this stage!
    Shelley xx
  • Options
    you look like you were slim to start with so its gonna show more im getting it the other way round im due in 6 weeks and everyone keeps telling me im tiny lol thats the thing when your preg people seem to think they have the right to comment funny people wouldnt go around saying to people you look fat today or have you put weight on since last week
  • Options
    I think your bump looks lovely image (I'm jealous cause mine actually is HUGE now lol)
    People are a bit tactless most of the time when commenting, but don't take it to heart!
    Enjoy your pregnancy!

Jana 40+1 with blue bump! x
  • Options
    You have a lovely bump, you don't look huge at all!

I would just smile and ignore people when they comment, it's something you have to get used to I am afraid! One of the girls in my office came back from a two week holiday the other day and the first thing she said to me was "OMG you're massive! You'll have to take a picture just before you are due and send it to us so we can see how much bigger you get, if that's possible"

I just had to laugh in the end! I know I'm not that big - probably the smallest at my NCT class but I guess I must look big to my colleagues! xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone, I feel a bit better now. Just back from heating up my lunch in the kitchen at work and someone walked in and her 1st words were "My, you're putting on the beef" I'm afraid I lost it a bit and said that what was it with people today feeling like they had free rein to comment on my appearance? Then I felt a bit bad as I know this lady is genuinely nice and probably didnt mean it to come out the way it did lol! I just dont get how just because I'm pregnant it gives people the right to comment on my appearance, they wouldnt do it if I wasnt pregnant but somehow the fact I am makes it ok!! Anyways, thanks again, I'm glad I'm not the only one, just gonna keep smiling and not let it get to me!

xx
  • Options
    My little brother came over yesterday, he's 20 and bless him i dont think he's ever seen a pregnant woman before. The first thing he did was shove his hand on my tummy and go 'you're HUGE'. I was like, eh? Get off lol.

I am 13 weeks and very large, i think it might be excessive bloating and everything else fun down there I can think of, but it doesnt feel very nice when people i dont even like very much come up and tell me how unattractive i am looking these days etc etc, grrr. I actually dont give a monkeys if you think I am a bit bigger than usual, i am growing a baby! ARghhhhh madness.

[Modified by: rosemary20 on April 30, 2010 01:30 PM]

• Options
    I think your bump looks great. With your small frame people have obviously just noticed it more and just dont think before they open their mouths. My grandad said to me the other day "are you sure ur not carrying twins". I just said no deffo one in there but he kept going on. Take it as a compliment that your pregnancy is going well. And if they say anything just go well I am pregnant after all! x
  • Options
    I'm a week behind you and I am just a little smaller so I would say no you are not huge just have a lovely bump. Mine is just starting to look like a bump and less like I ate all teh pies.

Some people are just really insensitive and do not consider what they are saying. Try to ignore them as most I think are just trying to be nice by saying wow your blooming in your pregnancy but don't put it in the best way.

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev281pr___.png

• Options
    Ur bump is fab... and if your huge then i am a HIPPO :lol:

I am 8+1 today and my pic was taken w week ago xx

gems x
  • Options
    You don't look huge honey, you look fine and just lovely! In fact, if it makes you feel better I was bigger than you at your stage so I completely feel your pain - all I got the whole time was "Are you sure there aren't two in there?". I'm also slim and started showing at 8 weeks!
    There is something weird about pregnancy that makes everyone suddenly rude or inappropriate. It's completely incomprehensible to me because I've never commented on a pregnant woman's size! I just smile at people and say "Yes, that's because there's a human in there!". Don't take it to heart and enjoy your lovely bump whilst it's still small enough not to get in the way image
    Mitxi, 36+4
  • Options
    I think you look fab and spot on for your dates. I am 21weeks (tmw) and feel huge! I have a very un-tactful boss who actually called me fat last week which normally would have insulted me but she from south America and there is usually an occurance on a daily basis where she says something that comes across rude or wrong but we've all come to accept that she actually doesn't mean it the way it is intended - definitely a culture difference............so her calling me fat was just her nice way of saying baby was getting big (she tried to dig herself out of the hole for 5mins bless her)

I think sometimes people just don't think and generally, around pregnant women, come out with silly comments meant as 'conversation fillers' and don't stop to think it could be hurtful. I'm trying not to take offence at people calling me big, but it'll defo get harder the further along I get image

xx
  • Options
    i dont think you look massive at all. I reckon when people dont see your for a few days or a week they notice changes more than you do so to therm you look bigger but they are just exagerrating
  • Options
    Hi hun,
    You've got a gorgeous bump, don't take it to heart. I agree with some of the others its just where they don't really know what to say and I don't think there's any malice behind it.

I'm 13+5 and a few people have commented on my bump, things like 'wow you're showing already etc' I know they mean it nicely and they're not commenting about me as such so i've been taking them as compliments if that makes sense? I also noticed a few people looking at my belly today and I can tell they're wondering if i'm pregnant or just fat. I know I am so it doesn't bother me. I'm less impressed with DH telling me that his mates have commented about how much bigger my boobs have got. image
  • Options
    I feel your pain! I am 20 weeks and i think i look pretty normal but all I get are comments about how big my bump is and have i made sure that it's not twins!! I find that people are so rude and pass-remarkable - I am storing up mean things to say to these people lol!!
    I was at a wedding last week and a girl I know to say hello to, came up to me in the toilets and said "OMG You have a big bump for only being 20 weeks, just think how massive ur gonna be at the end" - she then stuck her belly out, put her arms out in front of her and puffed out her cheeks as if to say HUGE!! Tramp!! I'll get my own back some day hee hee!!
    Think is, I love my bump and think that people just want to steal some of my happiness. Ignore them all, they are not worth the effort!!
  • Options
    Aw girls, you made me smile with your comments, thank you! I feel so much better after reading all the lovely replies. I think I'm just feeling a bit insecure as I havent really done any exercise since falling pregnant - I had to stop riding my horse (which hurt!) and have been too lazy to walk anywhere! I lost 2 stone last year and so far have refused to go near the scales in case of what I might see. As long as baby is healthy thats all that matters - Heres to our bumps ladies, large, small and everything in between!!

xxxx