Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Really need opinions!

I posted a thread and not one person replied to it.. please if someone could give me the opinion id be so grateful..

i think my baby scans just don't look right.. what do you think? 13 weeks and sonography didn't say much

Replies

• Options

I think they look absolutely fine. They would 

• Options

Of sent you for another scan if they were worried. Do you want me to upload one of mine to reassure you. I’m now 33 weeks nearly x

• Options

yes please all scans welcome!! 

Since my scan yesterday I've been worrying myself sick and don't really know why, the sonography measured the fold but never said anything and afterwards was asking about if I had epilepsy diabetes or was on medications as if I had any family history of birth defects.. is she suggesting there's something wrong with the heart or just asking general questions? i need to chill! 

• Options

I’m sure she is is just asking general questions. The meausrement behind the neck will be opted down in the printout given to you. I’m 

• Options

Stupid phone keeps sending before I’ve finished. I’m sure everything is fine there is no need to worry. Do you have a midwife appt scheduled yet? X

• Options

• Options

See theres nothing on the scans and I never got any print out ect! No measurements anywhere! Awww lovely scan! When are you due? X

• Options

And I've to phone and book it on Monday orally forgot on Friday x

• Options

I got just an a4 piece of paper printout with random measurements on that don’t get explained to you at all when I got given my photos lol. Every area is so different with the way they do things though so no one ever gets the same experience. Your scans look completely normal to me and just like mine did at 12 weeks. I’m due middle of may and is my first also so I understand the worry. My first sonographer didn’t speak at all x

• Options

Any questions you have or worries just ask your midwife at your appt. did you have blood tests done after your scan? 

• Options

Thanks you've really put my mind at ease, I've been driving my partner nuts! Its such a worry but I'm going to try and relax! Aw congratulations boy or girl? The only bloods I've had was at my midwife booking appointment on Wednesday before scan didn't get bloods after scan they weren't mentioned at all x

• Options

I didn’t get my screening results until I went for my next midwife appt after my scan. She went through them with me then. The sonographer would have said something if they felt there was a need. 

This was my 13 week scan, I’m now 22 and have had my second one:

As you can see they look very different. The first scan they always look a little alien like lol, by the second they are starting to look more like a baby.

• Options

We chose not to find out so it will be a surprise. Your midwife will go through all the results with you from bloods etc when you have your appt. honestly don’t worry, like KMH27 said they look so different from first scan to second. You have to remember the baby is actually tiny right now 😂😂 x