Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

argh when am i due?

I found out two days ago that im pregnant with my first child, i had a 3 week long period starting the 17th of march, brought on by stress and high blood pressure, the doctor said im 4-5 weeks pregnant but could be anything up to 9 weeks, ive registered for a midwife to contact me, but im so eager to know how far gone i am, will i have to have a scan to find out and whens the earliest do u think ill know?

oh and does anyone recommend a good book about pregnancy and newborns to help me get through this, i guess u could say and instruction manual!! haha! im so excited but im scared i hope being a mum comes naturally i want the best for this child!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi, firstly congratulations on your pregnancy! As for dates well I would take it from the 17th March but knowing that nothing is set in stone. It's rather frustrating not knowing for sure, I had to wait for 7 weeks for my scan to find out my dates. They will give you a more accurate date at your first scan judging by the babies measurements. As for books, well I have learnt a bit more by buying various pregnancy magazines and on websites like this one. You will find answers to any of your questions from the ladies on these forums!
    Take care
    Tracey
    xx