Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Don't you think the 1st 12 weeks drag........

Even though I haven't had a period, am tired all the time, feel sick, have put on weight and have heartburn I still find myself questioning whether I am pregnant. Waiting for a scan at 12 weeks is tooooooo long I want to see my baby now! They don't even confirm your pregnancy when you see the doctor as well now!

Replies

• Options
    no i know, and yes the first 12 weeks drag till scan i remember!! but just wait till you reach 38 weeks and then see how time drags!! feels like the whole 9 months again!!!! xx
  • Options
    I know how you feel, i was suprised that even the midwife didnt do a pg test on me...what if im wrong!!!
  • Options
    wait til the last 12!!!!!!! xx
  • Options
    Funny but I thought the first 12 weeks went really quick. Now I'm 23 weeks it seems to have slowed down, though I did give up work 4 weeks ago so that hasn't helped.
  • Options
    i'm 32 weeks now and i definately thought the first 30 weeks dragged!!!!!! lol. it seems to be speeding up now. only 8 weeks left. but then you get to the last couple of weeks and it starts to drag AGAIN!!!. but i don't want to wish time away. i want to try and enjoy this pregnancy as it will be my last.xx
  • Options
    Hi mummyme, know what you mean! I'm only on week 5 and going to see GP for first time on Monday. Am so paranoid he is gonna say I'm not pregnant and my oh has to keep reminding me that I have not had a period, got a positive on a test and have a load of pregnancy symptoms!! =p Think I will be happier once the first 12 weeks are over and have had first scan, may relax a little then .... maybe!! xx
  • Options
    I THINK THE MIDDLE BIT GOES QUICKEST AND THEN THE THIRD TRIMESTER IS THE SLOWEST EVER!!
  • Options
    I'm on week 9 and the last 5 weeks have been the longest ever!! This is my first so I don't have anything else to compare it to, but my scan in three weeks seems like an eternity!

To be honest I'm a bit bored of the first trimester now (but then my oh is always saying I've no patience!!) - I just want to get to the next stage!
  • Options
    I found out I was pg at 3 weeks...so the last 12 weeks since finding out have dragged! Thank god the sickness has gone now! I get excited every friday when I know another week has gone by. I'm 15 weeks today, yey xxx
  • Options
    Hi, im nearly 37wks and since i went on mat leave at 33 weeks its gone really quickly! everyone said it would drag but i want it to slow down a bit as ive still got things to get ready :\) I found out i was pregnant at 6 weeks (september) and everyday till my scan i questioned whether i was pregnant cos i hadnt been having periods since i came off the pill which was in april. My first scan was end of november and it was amazing, then it was xmas, second scan was middle of Jan and we found out we were having a boy, started buying for the baby in feb, finished work end of march and it was my birthday 20th april and baby is due 20th may so that was the last 6 months :lol: good luck to you all enjoy every minute.