Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st scan and morning sickness worry

Hi all, Hope all is well!

Me and my lovely girlfriend has our first scan on the 31st and after a MC not long ago we both are a little worried incase something is wrong or worse, my girlfriends fear - Nothing inside her!!

Also, We believe shes 12-14 weeks gone and isn't being sick much anymore whilst she had morning sickness very heavy, She's now almost convinced something is wrong even after we both know and me reasuring her many times) that morning sickness died down at 12 weeks and almost goes at 14 weeks.

Just wondering if any of you have had the same emotions and thoughts ??

Replies

• Options
    After a MC you will worry about everything! I am sorry I can't be more reassuring although it will get better as the pregnancy progresses. As you both know (although that doesn't always help, irrational fears are exactly that, irrational) morning sickness usually fades around 12 weeks. I am sure everything will be fine at your 12 week scan and hopefully that will help put your mind at rest a little.

If you want some more specific support the ladies in the miscarriage support or pregnancy after miscarriage forum are all going through the same thing and are a massive help, often just knowing you are not the only one feeling like that helps! They were a huge support to me after my MC, believe me you are your girlfriend are definately not the only people to have the same kind of fears in the first 12 weeks!

Congratulations to you both and lots of luck for your scan!!
  • Options
    i felt the same i had a MC at 6 weeks back in may... i was devistated to sa the least then come july i had a positive pregnanc test... i was 4 weeks when i found out so was worried sick untill m 12 week scan... then the sonographer turned to me and my partner and asked " are you ready for a shock?" my worst fear was her saying there is nothing there... her words were " Your having twins" bloody fantastic news.... i almost cried.. im now almost 28 weeks and apart from being closley monitored for any complications my preganacy has been good!!

try not to worry and all the best