Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I don't believe it!!!!!

Couldn't wait to test cause I'm a tit anyway got an early boots test (up to 4 days before AF due) pee on stick instant BFP,
+ve line there 3 mins later, +ve line still there well after 10 mins later. Now 2 hours later ITS GONE!!!!!!! WTF???

I always thought evap lines appeared AFTER the 10 mins that's why you should
Never read a test AFTER 10 mins, but no trace of the big blue line now at all!!

It was DEFINITELY blue, no doubt about it & it was definitely there, my friend saw it, I took pic for hubby & have checked it again, but now it
Most definitely isn't there!!! Bit confused to say the least, but don't think I have got my BFP now ??????

Anyone experience this or heard of it?

KJxx

Replies

• Options
    I've not experianced this but if t says don't read after 10 mins perhaps it can happen. Hope it is a BFP. Did you do another one ?
    xx
  • Options
    I had a selection of tests when I got my BFP and tested 4 times to be sure! lol some of those had lies disapear but not sure after how many hours - they're designed this way.

I would say you are defintely BFP hon congrats x
  • Options
    do you really think so??

thanks for your replies girls. I took the other test & almost same thing happened except now 4.5 hours later there is still the thinest of blue lines, not very convincing though! But hubby was witness this time, it was definately a thick blue line within 1 min still the same for at an hour before i had to out. It was not grey or anything definately blue.

Am gonna ring boots tomorrow see will they give me credit towards fr pack cause neither test is any good to me & have photos to proved it was there!

weird one eh? & it would take me to buy faulty tests trying to save 3 fecking euro!! :roll:

thanks again girls
    KJ.x
  • Options
    Definitely worth investing in a CBD if you can - can't argue with the words in black and white! Word of warning though, the result only lasts 24 hrs on those.

Sounds like congrats are in order though!

K 33+5 x
  • Options
    if it was positive when you first did it then you definitely got your BFP image congrats!

some of the tests i did faded within a few hours too but they were totally positive - it's just that the result becomes unreliable after 10mins
  • Options
    the lines can disappear hun so don't stress, if you're wanting one where the line will stay for ages try a firt response one...i used that and my positive line was still there days later xx
  • Options
    I did a cheap boots test when my period was about a week late but the test still shows a positive but i reckon thats because my period was late when i tested. I then bought a CBD (cos i was in denial lol) and it said i was preg and that i was 3+ weeks but as KayeCee mentioned did go blank after bout 24hours cos the battery clapped out! lol This is my 4th bubba and have had preg tests that have been a very faint pos and have faded after a while esp when i tested early but i have the kids here as living proof there was somethin there to make the blue line appear in the first place! Remember very few reasons give you a false positive things like fertility drugs and such, false negs are more common as you can be testin too early so i'd say a congrats to you my love! image x
  • Options
    My positive test lines vanished after a day. I used the Boots cheap ones too.

I definitely had a BFP though!

Tronski 23+5 x
  • Options
    hehe reading your post really made me giggle!!! I had this happen to me in my 1st pregnancy!!! The line came up almost straight away....didnt believe it and when i got my head around it (just about) went back to just double check i wasnt being a complete divv THE LINE WASNT THERE!!! believe me i was REALLY confused for days!!! took 3more tests and again all came up within the 1st 2mins!!! they do say to read the tests within a certain time limit and i think the line disappearing is just down to the ingredients in the test that detects the hormone!! so if youve had more than one positive test then regardless of how quickly the line disappears you are pregnant!! : D Hope this helps!!

Good luck and all the best!!
    Amber
    10+5
    xxxx
  • Options
    Aw thanks for all your replies girls! you were all right aswell!!

went back to boots who gave me 2 FR's in place of their tests & got a BFP as strong as control line before control line came up! & its still there!! I am 10 dpo today so i know a bit early to be making plans, will take each day as it comes for now.

The boots lady told me she had used the same tests when she was 2 weeks late, she used them 4 times & got BFN but her baby is now 7 months old!!! so lesson learnt - Boots tests can be sh!t!

thanks again & HOPEFULLY will be chatting with ye soon!!

KJ.x
  • Options
    KJ, I just wanted to congratulate you, I remember you from the mc forum at the start of '09. Really hope everything goes smoothly for you this time.

I had a similar problem with Boots tests when I knew I was 6+ weeks preg. xxx