Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant and concerned

Have been suffering for about a week with period pains, but no sign of period, did a pregnancy test yesterday and found Iam pregnant, sooooo happy!!!! the digital test said im 2-3wks preg, im worried as still having period pains and so scared Im going to come on......... is this normal, if yes when does it stop??

please help I need advice and have no one to ask......:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun i had exactly the same they peaked at 5 weeks and now im 6+5 and i still get them on and off but not as strong. I also had brown discharge at the same time. I went to bed every night early and put my feet up when poss.The doc said it could go either way. I was beside myself but just take everyday as it comes and try and relax. I have read loads of ladies have the same think its beanie settling in. But go see your Doc to put your mind at rest. Take care xx
  • Options
    the period pain can also be just implantation and your bean getting nice and comfy too, it just feels the same as period pain because thats the only thing our brains can liken it to. Brown, white, beige or even green discharge is usual and often completely harmless and you should only really worry if theres bright red "fresh" blood. The pains shouldnt last very long so just take it easy.

Congratulations on your BFP!!

I'm fairly new here but the ladies are brilliant at advice so i hope you'll feel at home with us

Liz 19 weeks today
  • Options
    I think I had "period pains" until I was about 10 weeks! Baby must have been settling in nice and proper image
    Seems to be one of those things no-one tells you about beforehand... but it's perfectly normal!
    Congratulations and all the best!

Jana 35+6 with blue bump! x
  • Options
    You should get period type pains on and off as its the uterus streching and everything getting ready for baba.

If they get really bad or there is any blood then get hold of your gp/mw, otherwise i'd just say congrats and well come to joys of being pregnant.

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev281pr___.png

• Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!! x
  • Options
    Hay Congrats on your BFP

I always start testin at 9dpo image but this month i didnt coz of the AF pains it was only when i noticed that af spotting haddnt started and i was ssssooooo tired i tested and got a bfp.

I am still getting the af like pains but i just think to myself its be bean holding on tight image

Good Luck and congrats again xx
  • Options
    Its normal hun, I got AF pains all the way through with Abby, right up until labour!
  • Options
    i had them till about 6 weeks xx