Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Induction

I'm a tad worried, I'm booked in for an induction on Sunday but have heard nothing but labour horror stories about instrumental deliveries and sections as a result of induction. Has anyone had a positive birth experience following an induction of labour?

I'm hoping to be able to get my community midwife out for a wee visit today, was originally booked in for a home birth and midwives are on call until Tuesday. Unfortunately the maternity hospital could only offer a slot on Sunday for the induction image I'm a bit sad that I probably wont get my home birth now but scared at the same time about what's in store for me on Sunday.

Any advice would be greatfuly appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

I had an induction in January when my lo was 12 days overdue. I was also really worried about it but I had a really positive experience in the end. I was 3 cm dilated when I went in so they were able to break my waters and the contractions started almost immediately. It did get intense very quickly and Alistair was born less than four hours later - I managed on gas and air (tbh there wasn't time for anything else!) and I was also able to use water which I was really pleased about. They did have to use a ventouse to get him out as they were a bit concerned about his heart rate at the end but I hardly noticed it! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and am looking forward to hearing your birth story!

Em x
  • Options
    Try not to worry! I had an induction in December and it couldn't have gone any better - only 4 1/2 hours of established labour, my waters broke spontaneously after the 2nd pessary and I managed the whole thing on just gas and air.

Good luck, and how exciting that you'll be meeting your beautiful baby so soon!

Hannah xx
  • Options
    i posted something similar a few days ago on 'baby' cos i'm having an induction at 38 weeks and got some good replies if you can find my post have a look. I'm like you i've read some horror stories and got myself all worked up now! I think i need to go in very open minded as everyone is going to be different! i'll keep a look out for how you get on though!

xx

Sarah
    34 + 1