Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Birthing Ball

HI
I was just wondering where is the best place to buy a birthing ball? I just looked on the mothercare website and they have three different types so wasnt sure which one would be best.
Where/which type have others got that are the right sort?
Thanks
kristy
33+3

Replies

• Options
    I borrowed mine, but a lot of the girls in my yoga class have a lovely purple/ lilac type ball, for some reason it feel's nicer.. (seriously it makes a difference, they seem to be softer). Sorry couldn't tell you where they got them from, but if there's a choice go for the purple brand.

That said, my friend told me she went to a car boot the other day and nearly all the stalls with baby stuff had yoga/birthing balls! My friend also picked hers up unused at a NCT sale if anybody's looking for a bargain!

Make sure you get the right size for you, im tall so needed a rather large ball.. i think they should give you a guide. The rule of thumb is when sat on it your knees should be lower than your hips? Does that make sense?

Have fun

G x

• Options
    I got mine from Argos last year - think it was about ??7 and was the cheapest Id found. It was a good one too for that price! Yes, make sure you get the right size!

Also, dont throw it away after bubs arrives. We moved country so got rid of loads of stuff but now I have to get a new one as they can be really useful when your baby is a bit older (mine is 8mo now) as it's good stimulation (and fun!) to roll them back and forth while lying on the ball on their tummy (just learnt that at Gymbaroo!)

• Options
    i have borrowed mine off a friend but its from birth-ease and its a really good size not sure on the price but they have a website to check out.

MJ39+0
  • Options
    I got a birth-ease ball from Amazon - it was ??20.
    H.
    35+6
  • Options
    I got mine off ebay and it has a pump with it, think it was around ??5 and after reading the replies I now know it's a birthease one woohoo image xx
  • Options
    I got a birth-ease one (sitting on it now in fact!) its really nice to sit on but i've heard some ladies on here get an exercise ball from tesco for about ??5 and it does pretty much the same job. The main thing is to get one thats anti-burst but I think most are these days.