Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New Here x

Hi everyone

I am new on this site (i have moved over from YAYW) i got my BFP on boxing day after 14 months of TTC. Hubby and I are over the moon, although it still doesn't really feel real yet.

This morning i went to the docs, wasn't sure really what to expect. He said my due date is Aug 26th, so i'm guessing i'm roughly 5weeks????? He prescribed me folic acid, although i'd started taking them anyway, then he just said, see the girls on reception about anti-natal. So that was it?!?! Was i expecting too much? Where was the words of wisdom? Do's and Dont's etc.... Anyway my 1st anit-natal is 5th of February which seems AGES away, & i'll be pretty much 11 weeks; i had hoped for an 8 week scan as i'm extremley paranoid about something going wrong, and i did drink some over xmas, but now i feel lost becuase i dont know who i'm meant to speak too. He said my scans would be sorted in the anti-natal... does this all seem normal to you guys??

Thanks for listening

S xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey!!

I'm on YAYW too - a massive congratulations!! What a fab Xmas present.

I got my BFP when I was 5 weeks. I never even saw my doctor (except when I went in at 7 weeks about a bladder infection). But they never spoke to me about anything pregnancy related.

I had my booking appt (first appt with midwife) when I was just over 10 weeks and first scan when I was 12 and a bit weeks. I don't think you can get another scan unless there have been previous MCs? You could always book a private one - google babybond,

Don't worry about the drinking - I did too before I found out and there are no problems. It will seem like ages until the scan but once it arrives, it's amazing. If you've got lots of questions, ask away on here. I bought a fab book on amazon - pregnancy bible.

Take care xxx Tronski 15+2 xxx
  • Options
    Hi Tronski, i remember you from YAYW. Thanks for replying. It does seem like an age away doesn't it; i'm just SO paranoid about MC. I feel like wrapping myself in cotton wool until i'm in the 'safe zone'. lol.
    I have lower stomach cramps and also a dull ache in my lower back... is this normal? xx
  • Options
    Hi and congrats! All sounds pretty normal - my GP didn't even want to see me! Had my first midwife appt about 10 weeks. Fire away with the questions on here - this has been where I have got most of my advice and info from.

K 25+2 x
  • Options
    I have lower stomach cramps and also a dull ache in my lower back... is this normal? xx

All sounds normal to me! xxx
  • Options
    I had AF pains until I was around 8/9 weeks so they are totally normal. I know it's easier said then done but try not to worry and just enjoy being pregnant.
    Huge congrats on you BFP

Leeann
    26 + 4
  • Options
    Hi girlies... i am 4+6 and went down to my doctors last week to "register my pregnancy" the receptionist said that i didn't need to see a doctor unless i had any concerns (ie bleeding or complications from a prev pregnancy!)

the practise nurse took down all my details date of last af, worked out my due date etc etc... she said the MW would contact me at 8 - 10 weeks for my booking in, and then arrange my scan.

i did say to her that i had a few drinks b4 i knew i was pg and she said that before 4 weeks the bub would not have implanted so any alcohol i had consumed would not really matter - but definitely to abstain now!

i also have the cramps... they make me feel very grumpy but i a starting to get used to them!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, thanks so much for your replies; it is very reasuring to hear all your stories. My cramps are feeling okay today, although i'm still getting the dull ache in my back, but i'm less worried now after speaking to you girls.
    Gosh; the next 7 weeks are going to be torture, just waiting for my scan, i'm so impatient, hee hee.

thanks girls,

Mrs C
    5+3

xx