Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

midwife coming to my house

hi

i went to the midwife the other day and she reccomended a home visit from a lady who i dont think is quite a midwife but who comes to your house to answer any questions etc. she phoned me this morning and she is coming in a few weeks.

has anyone else been offered this?

xx

Replies

• Options
    In my area with my last pregnancy it was standard that the mw came to ur house. Not so lucky this time round tho and all mw appt are either at ante-natal or community mw. Wudnt worry bout it chuck each area is different. Kerry xxx
  • Options
    yeah mw came to my house last pg i think its standard hun x
  • Options
    its a midwife support, ie sure start! they just nosey buggers who try n get you to sign up to every god dam class, coffee morning going etc aswell as having a good nose at your home to make sure your not a crack head. this may be great for some people but they were so pushy with my sister she ended up in tears and made her feel inadequate.
  • Options
    I had a sure start support person at my midwife appt who tried to get me to sign up to different classes. She was making a note of my address after the hard sell then said that I couldn't come anyway because I have the wrong postcode. What a good way to make a heavily pregnant, hormonal woman feel valued! I was 41 weeks at the time too. She was so busy messing about that the midwife forgot to book my induction.