Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Boy or Girl any clues?

Hi i was just wondering if you had any clues as to what the sex of the baby is? as i am pregnant with my second and so is my friend i had a girl and she had a boy while i was pregnant with my daughter i was sooo tired was asleep by 8:30pm every night but this time i am tired but no where near as bad as i was last time and i spoke to my friend and she said she was a little tired last time but this time is much worse shes asleep by 9pm every night! so im thinking she is having a girl this time and im having a boy well maybe lol.has anyone else had different symptoms while carrying a boy /girl?i did hear that you are more tired while pregnant with a girl.so any clues you have had would be great and any old wives tales too i think it just adds to the fun :\)
take care
Lin6+5

Replies

• Options
    First time round i had a boy and apart from the first couple of months i was pretty active up until his due date. This time round i feel like a walrus and could sleep the clock round. Been told it looks like a girl by the sonographer but the way he said it didn't leave me convinced but i'm definatly carrying different this time round.

Here are some old wives tales to have some fun with...

if your carrying around the hips and bottom (girl)
    up front only (boy)
    bump is high (girl)
    bump is low (boy)
    looking good during pregnancy (boy)
    looking like some scary scarecrow. lol (girl)
    more active (girl)
    lazy bugger (boy)

how true these are beats me because even with my son i still looked rough. lol. The weight part is true for me though because all i had with him was my bump, with this one my partner calls me a dumper truck because i've put that much on my ass. lol

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/lamlamard20040909_-1_Ethan.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev235pfs__.png

• Options
    I had a boy and everyone said they knew I would because my bump was "all out front" and low. These were the symtoms I got:

-Not much tiredness, only a little in the 2nd tri. (so u may be right!)
    -Bad sickness but only until 10 weeks.
    -Didn't put on weight anywhere except the bump.
    -Lots of energy
    -Hair grew really fast (started off at my chin, went down my back!) and even grew hair around my ears like side burns (ICK!)
  • Options
    If the tiredness thing is true then it will be worth it for me in the end!! I would really like another girl (I have two boys and a girl already) and my dd is desperate for a lil sister.

I did the age and month of conception thing and its right for all my kids- the prediction this time is girl so fingers crossed
  • Options
    Hey Lin&Lexie,

We are expecting a little girl - keeping it a surprise from family and friends though so is funny hearing there opinions! She is our first.

I have been very tired from day one all throughout I could happily sleep from 9-9 and have a couple of hours in the day too! I had sickness from day one up until 16 weeks (midwife says you get worse sickness with girls - not sure how true it is though!)

Apparently heartbeats are faster for girls - my midwife guessed a girl as she is around 150bpm.

Bump shape is difficult to tell as I was reading a preg mag that said most first time mums will carry up front and neat as the muscles are all tight, for 2nd and other babies bump can be spread out as the muscles are more relaxed.(Again everyone is different!) My bump is all in front!

She is very active too, I love it!! It is fun to try and guess but you never can tell hun without a gender scan xx

Amy 32+3 xx
  • Options
    Old Wives Tales say:
    Body Changes
    If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl.

Extreme nausea means you are having a girl.

If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl.

If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl.

If your skin breaks out, expect a girl.

If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy.

If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl.

Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl.

If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy.

Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl.

If baby is low, expect a boy. High, it's a girl.

If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle? A girl.

• Options

I have all the boy symptoms, showing like a boy, boy nub on scan, totally different pregnancy to my first but I'm having my 2nd girl x

• Options

My 1st baby!! due oct 14th image
    Im having a boy! And i new straight away
    sicknes from 12weeks+ till about 19weeks!!
    i tried not to belive the old wives tales.. But i did and it was so right!!
    I never put much weight on.. and when i did start to show i was all front,very round,
    my freind is expecting her 1st the same time as me with a girl, and her belly was abit of everything she put weight on fast and carried all round lol!
    now im 36weeks and my bumps like a round football image

• Options
    I'm having a girl due in January & I do get tired but not too bad most of the time. I did have pretty bad morning sickness for a few months now at 6 months pregnant its very rare. I am carrying high, & my belly is very round.i haven't gained weight anywhere except my belly which looks like a basket ball under my shirt. I look good, my skin is very clear, I prefer sleeping on my left side, I also mainly feel her on my left side. Do not pay much attention to the wives tales. It's just a coincidence! How you carry when you're pregnant & your weight gain has more to do with your eating, & exercise habits before & during pregnancy, & your particular body type.
  • Options

I have 3boys I'm pregnant again I'm hoping it will be a girl