Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Happy babies? How do we know?!?!

How do we know if our babies are happy or sad?!?! When I eat ice cream the baby moves about a lot - I assumed that the baby was enjoying it!! But it could be that he/she absolutely hates it and wants me to stop!!!! any responses on this one?!?!?! X

Replies

• Options
    hmmm i thought about that when i went out at new year, we went into a nightclub and baby was kicking like mad and i wondered whether he enjoyed it or it frightened him?!? x x x
  • Options
    Thats a good question. My little un moves about a lot when i drink anything fizzy. I'm having a 4d scan tomorrow and thought i would drink fizzy before i go in to get baby moving but now i wonder if it likes it as you have said.
  • Options
    Well my little un would move round loads when i endulged in a creme egg or two. I took that to mean that she loved it and wanted another. But after i'd had the chocolatey goodness I did wonder whether she did like it or was just giving me a good kick to get me to stop. I'd love to know!
  • Options
    Don't think anyone really knows the answer to that but apparently they are more active when they're happy !!
  • Options
    i think babies like chocolate because that gets mine kicking about like mad.... then again it could be a caffine rush and shes in there thinking "god not again! i want to sleep!!!" i dont think u can tell until they are out into the big open world and then they will tell u when they are not happy with something!!! and we will all know about it!
  • Options
    hope I did not freak anyone out with that question - I don't want to cause panic that we are all frighteneing our babies with overdoses of sugar!!! I am sure that if something was wrong then we would be feeling wrong too...well that is my theory and I shall stick to it!! X
  • Options
    i'm getting visuals of little hyperactive babies bouncing around the womb, thank you made me laugh if nothing else.
  • Options
    Don't babies kick their legs when they're happy? I'm sure I've seen a few smilling and kicking their legs around in prams.
  • Options
    look at it this way- how can chocolate make anyone unhappy!!!! its not possible!!! chocolate has been proven to release endorphins so got be good!!!! xxx