Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Callie has arrived!!!!!

Hey everyone

Well after a long and terrible labour Callie Hope was finally born on monday 25th at 5.47 pm she weighed 7lb 2 1/2 oz and was 11 days early.
My waters broke on sun morning at 1am, i had contranctions on and off all day sunday, went back to hospital 3am as i was losing blood. They checked me over and was ok so i went home for a shower and went back.
I was 4cm dilated so at 8am they induced me via a drip to get contractions speeded up. I had an epidural for the pain - that was good!!!! At 2pm was fully dilated, started pushing at 2.30pm. The epidural wore off after about an hour of pushing that was really bad going from no pain to full on pain.
At 4.30 still no further on doc was busy sorting someone else,they wanted him to come and cut me. Babies heartrate was ok so kept me pushing while waiting for him.
In the end midwife had to perform the epistomy she did and callie was finally born. I also tore a blood vessel and lost a lot of blood, i was in a bad way. They had to give me a blood transfusion.
They finally let me home from hospital yesterday afternoon.
I feel a lot better now and callie is doing fine, shes lovely as you can see from the pic. image
I hope you wont be long and i hope your labour is a better than mine.
Love to you all and bumps too.

Vicki and Callie xxx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Vicki,

Congratulations on the birth of Callie. She looks lovely.
    So sorry to hear that things weren't too good for you, but I'm sure Callie has made it all seem worthwhile.

Good luck for the future

Gill
  • Options
    Hey Vicki,

We've all been wondering how you got on. Serves you right for jumping the queue, I was supposed to be before you! lol.... just kidding mate (or am I :rollimageimage

So glad she's here and she is a real cutey. Well done hun and congrats to you both!!!

Hopefully I won't have to wait to much longer!

Eva xxx
  • Options
    congratulations xxx glad all is well now xx
  • Options
    Congratulations, Callie looks absolutely beautiful!!
  • Options
    Congrats to you and your family Vicki and welcome to the world little Callie, she is gorgeous!

xxxx
  • Options
    congratulations,
    All the best & she is lovely
  • Options
    Congratualtions she's beautiful, i can sympathise with the labour, i too was pushing for over 2 hours and had to have a cut!! not nice, but they are so worth it! enjoy being a mummy and enjoy your baby Love Em & Noah xx :\)
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! x