Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Im so uncomfortable :-( Very moany thread!!

I know this is a pretty pointless post but im so uncomfortable all the time. I cant get comfortable at all. I cant sit upright, my bump begins directly underneath my boobs, and doesnt even leave room for my ribs. I cant get up from the chair without lots of time or help.

On top of that, my back is killing me, my calf muscles really hurt (i dont know why) and my ankles are really sore, although theyre not swollen. Ill be 29 weeks by the time my physio appointment comes round (8 weeks after I first asked for it) and theyre planning on sectioning me at 34 weeks at the moment so physio seems a bit late.

Both boys are head down and quite large for gestation, yet im not much bigger than a single pregnancy so you can imagine how squished they are in there and how painful this can be. My ribs feel bruised, and pain jolts through me when the boys kick me sometimes, and im having what I think are braxton hicks, which are actually fairly painful.

To add to all that (sorry, im on a roll now, and incredibly surprised if youve made it this far!), im now being scanned every 2 weeks however, they keep making the time later and later so hubby hasnt been able to make the last 2, and cant come today, as he is a chef and has to be in the kitchen by at least 12. My appointment is at 12 today. Im going to ask for an earlier appointment next time as it just isnt as much fun going on my own, even if this will be scan number 8 or something. It also means I have to get there myself and driving there and walking to what feels like the total other side of the hospital, is quite painful.

We also have NO money whatsoever although all the bills are paid! And im getting no sleep so am ratty and irritable (in case you hadnt guessed!)

So, that was my moan for the day - anyone want to add!!!???

Gemma and Double Blue Bump 26 + 6

Replies

• Options
    I really, reaaally feel for you. Your post was so descriptive, I had a proper flashback to the last few weeks of my last pg when I started to get a bit fed up. It's that feeling of never being able to breathe properly, isn't it? Plus you have all these other worries on top, and sleep deprivation never helps.

Don't hate me for trotting out this cliche, but: it's going to be sooo worth it! And you'll have double the love & joy of most people, you lucky lady image
  • Options
    Im so impressed with anyone that can carry 2 at the same time!!The weeks will go soon. Just enjoy having a little tme to yourself. I knit to pass the time, you can do lots of cote things for the baby!!

Gemm x
    13+5
  • Options
    Thanx ladies.

Im so looking forward to having them here, and believe me, after having a mc, I know I am so lucky to be here. Sometimes it takes someone else to knock some sense into you and remind you how bloody lucky you are. So, for that, I say thankyou.

I cant moan in my everyday life as my stepmum lost my sister at 38 weeks, my cousin has just had her second early mc and my other cousin has just had her third mmc so I know how lucky I am, even if it is so bloody uncomfortable!

PTB - I actually laughed reading my post back at how descriptive I was! After reading that, I now know how hubby feels!

Lou - Your post bought me to my senses, so thanks. Sometimes we just need someone to tell us to buck our ideas up and realise how lucky we are! lol!
  • Options
    Hi Gemma

Big ((((((((hugs)))))))) to you.

I think you are doing a wonderful job - I've obviously never had a twin pregnancy but I don't think people realise how difficult it must be. I'm tired enough at 16 weeks just having one in there! :lol:

And there's nothing wrong with getting things off your chest - better than keeping it all bottled up inside. I know just how grateful you are to have your 2 boys, but I also know it doesn't stop the pain/tiredness etc.

I hope the physio helps you (even if it is a bit late) and that they can give you earlier scan appointments from now on.

Love NN 16+1 xxx

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/2jd2p9xz55ugm69d.png

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/NattyNik/Round%204%20Pregnancy%20Photos/KangaandRoo62.jpg

Click Here To Read My Ramblings On Living With Loss And Pregnancy After Loss
  • Options
    The lady on the desk was lovely and has given me an appointment that J can make next time, which is good. They have given me a date now and I do feel better having something to aim for, although I seem to have inconvenienced everyone around me as my mum 'wanted to go on holiday and could I tell her whether I would have them on my 'new' due date or not'!! J's mum and dad have booked holidays and both expressed disappointment at the date, although they have been more positive than my mum! lol!

Good news about your scan. Im really glad you enjoyed it!