Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early/late arrivals

Just a quick question to you August mummies. I have a theory that those with short cycles tend to go into labour slightly early and those with longer cycles go slightly over their due date. Has anyone got any evidence to confirm/disprove this theory? Thanks in advance and wishing you all lots of happiness with your new arrivals x

Replies

• Options
    my cycles were all over the place since coming off the pill some we up to 60 days!! but when i concieved we worked out it would have been a 30 day cycle. before i went on the pill i was 28 days regular. i am 2 days overdue now!! getting fed up now. i think asking ur mum what kinda labour she had works better! my mum was 2 weeks late with me and my sister so i am expecting to go over, i just hope it wont be 2 weeks!

jane+millie 40+2 xxx
  • Options
    My cycles have always run on a steady 28 - 30 day rotation and mine babies have been.....5 days early, 16 days early, 3 days early and 7 days late and my EDD has always been confirmed at 12wk scan and has stayed the same by 20wk scan.