Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone overweight & preggers?

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi Mikayla and everyone! I was a size 20 before getting pregnant but I'm wearing bigger tops now as my boobs are sooooo huge!!! It's great to hear from all of you that you are in the same boat. I was worrying about my 'spare tyre' too. I definitely got wider at first, but I've started to get a bit of a bump now (18+4).

I haven't done any exercise since day one due to a few problems, but I will try to do something after my 20 week scan after Christmas. Can anyone recommend a good pregnancy yoga video? I hear yoga is meant to be great.

Hels xxx
  • Options
    I'm a size 16 and have only put this weight on over the last 3 years I never used to have a problem shifting weight but have PCOS which just means I was always hungry before I started taking metformin - I ve had to stop that now I'm pregnant and they really helpped me control my appited and I was starting to loose the weight again (slowly) but a few years ago I was very slim like a size 8 - 10 and feel BIG already at a 16 now worried no being pregnant only 9 weeks and a bit and already showing and how 'fat' I'm going to get and how to get rid of it!
    A month after my baby is due I'm ment to be the heads brides maid at my best friends wedding as well... oh dear!
  • Options
    Hiya. I was a size 14-16 when I fell pregnant (thanks to Slimming World I'd lost 3 stone which helped me to concieve) but I was still way off target, probably another 1-2 stone off and I'd have been happier!!!
    I put on nearly 4 stone in pregnancy but my baby is 9 weeks now and I am only 10lbs more now then when I got pregnant!! It's a minor miracle!!
    I think breast feeding helps, and watching what I eat.
    Being overweight didn't appear to cause me any problems when I was carrying my little one although I was borderline to get the birth I wanted.
    It will be worth knowing what your hospitals policies are on BMI as this is what they tend to go on rather than weight. I was BMI 35 and my 1st MW appt and the cut off for a water birth was 35 so they said they wouldn't decide til I was in labour whether I was allowed a water birth..... i was gutted about this but as it turns out I was induced and couldn't have it anyway regardless of weight.
    xxx