Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

please help - have i just lost some of my plug at 24 weeks?!

hi ladies....

sorry if TMI but after some advice

I have just been to toilet and a big glob of snot like stuff (sort of yellow/clear in colour no blood) came out of my lady parts.. probably the size of a 2p piece.... just wondering if anyone else had experienced? is this my plug if so what should I do?

had back pain all day too but I always have back pain so nothing new and I feel slightly achy and heavy down there...

also me and hubbie did the deed yesterday so maybe this has something to do with it? but we do the deed a lot and i've never had this before?

I'm currently on holiday (very sad taking laptop away with us I know!) so can't really go and get checked up etc - just wanted some advice...

Thanks! XX

Replies

• Options
    Hiya.

A lot of ladies loose their plugs early on and they can grow back. As you have been saying you have backache and a feeling o f heaviness with it too, I would go to the local hospital and just have a quick check over just to make sure all is fine. It could be something as simple as a water infection causing the backache and the heavy feeling. Water infections are very common but would need treating.

Maz x
    31+1
  • Options
    just a thought and im really sorry if this is TMI but theres no nicer way of saying this.. but if your hubby came inside you sometimes it can come back out in a blob all congealed together, i get it occasionally but only about once in every 20 or so times that we have sex, i dont know what makes it happen every now and again but it could just be that..x
  • Options
    thanks for the reply.... I'm in mauritius so can't really go to hospital - already ended up in hospital in jamaica and that was an ordeal so dont want same experience...

im back late monday night so maybe i'll go get checked on tuesday.... thinking about calling hospital but dont want to worry myself when im so far from home.......

xx
  • Options
    yeh i hope its that ILC - i didnt have a pink or brownish tinge to it which i have hesard is sure sign of mucus plug.... so maybe i'll call hospital when im back and see what they say... xx
  • Options
    Yeah if there was no blood which i too heard is usually in a plug, then it's most likely the sperm coming back out and nothing to worry about. If it makes you feel better than call the midwife/hospital when you get back but i wouldn't worry..x
  • Options
    Hey hun

Im so sorry to be VERY gross but it is probably just excess sperm! This happens to me everytime (the day after we have sex) i even did a panicked post on here thinking i had lost my plug.

When i lost my plug with dd it was a lot and it had blood in it too so dont worry!!

And lucky you been in Mauritius :lol: xx
  • Options
    when I lost my plug in labour it was blood tinged and there was LOADS of it - it just kept coming and coming - literally like streams and streams of bloody snot over a few hours. So I'm sure this is just a few of your husbands little swimmers that got a bit stuck up there for a while!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun, think this is just sperm coming out, know it looks like there is loads of it but if there is no blood i would try and not worry, every time we had sex while pregnant lumps of this stuff was coming out for a couple of days after, sorry if tmi! x
  • Options
    i had something like this with my first but i was less than 24 weeks. anyway it didnt mean anything and i lost my plug properly 5 days over and that was nothing like what i lost b4! i lost alot of blood when i lost my plug properly xxx