Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeling desperate!

I am nearly 13 weeks pregnant, not been too sick. I have a nearly 3 year old daughter also. However, my husband has just been admitted to hospital for a bad eye problem and i have been hit by the biggest headache and bouts of sickness yesterday and today. Paracetamol not helping but is all doctor will give. Im at a loss of how to look after my daughter and get through the day. How is everyone else that has children managing???? I think i am ill due to the stress of my husband mainly. Also, my daughter has bad cold (which i am also coming down with) so there is no way i can give her to friend to have for a few hours. Sorry to moan and be negative. Just wanted to vent a little. xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh dear- guess apart from someone giving a hand you are sort of stuck. Try and drink plenty and perhaps persuade your daughter to sit and watch a dvd of her choice so you can get a rest even if you can't actually go to sleep. Hope you all feel better soon x
  • Options
    poor poor you! ((BIG HUG)). don't have magic solution sorry. if you don't mind looking daft put some sun glasses on, helps my headaches. could you be dehydrated or have low blood sugar? theres a pressure point between thumb and first finger, if you massage circles into it its supposed to help. or try cold flannel on forehead.
    Hope you feel better xx
  • Options
    thank you so much for your quick replies. Its made me feel better to have someone respond already. Will use cold flannel, daughter watching peter pan, (shes already watched narnia..) and will try massage. thanks very much to you both xxx
  • Options
    Sounds like you're having a rought time. I had the mother of all headaches earlier in the week, lasted a full 24 hours-the only thing that helped were lots of ice-cubes wrapped in a flannel and held on my head, it numbed the pain.

Hope you and your husband feel better soon xx
  • Options
    thanks pixiebob and tallkatie2! Things have improved somewhat. My husband has been released from hospital and is a little better and i have stopped being sick. The headache remains but its not so bad if im not vomiting! Cheering up now. Thanks for your concerns and advice xxx
  • Options
    Glad you are feeling better em29. When I get headaches I sometimes wear sunglasses indoors which helps even if it does look a little odd!!
    LOL x
  • Options
    I suffered really bad headaches at the begining of my pregnancy and I tried everything. After a 3 day migraine, I had spoke to everyone about possible aid ,my sister mentioned chocolate. I had a bar of dairymilk and the migraine went away. I was so happy I contacted the Dr and told her the news as I had spoke to her twice about the problem. She said she had no idea why it had worked but chocolate was a strange thing filled with things she did not understand. Kx