Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone stopped been interested in s-e-x?

I am 7 and a half weeks pregnant and just dont fancy intercourse at all. I talked to my hubby bout it n he kinda understands but still expects it from me.

any ideas? or maybe let me know how u dealt with it?

hopeto hear from you.

:\(

Replies

• Options
    i want sex all the time haha but doesnt mean my bump will accomodate it :cry: i get, ahem, aroused :lol: but then turned off over the stupidest thing eg my oh's stubble, twisted bedsheets, the time of day etc.
    its been so long ive stopped trying haha my countdown ticker doesnt know what its talking about VVV :lol:
    when i was in the first trimester i never felt like it, but once i got to about 13 weeks it passed and i was fine again ;\) might be the same for you with any luck !
    image tinkerbell x
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev328pss__.png

• Options
    Hiya hun.. i went through stages where i never wanted and others where i wanted it all the time.. so you may get pass it and want it all the time lol.. at the moment i cant get enough it.

xxxx Nikki
    http://bd.lilypie.com/udMi0/.png

• Options
    Hey, I think most pregnant women feel like this at some stage of pregnancy. In my first pregnancy I didn't want it at all whilst I had the sickness. Between 20-30ish weeks I loved it and it was fantastic... until my bump really got quite big and it was just plain uncomfortable and soooooooooo just not 'hitting the spot'!
    This time I have a 7 month old son to look after all day and I am full on totally exausted to the point where I couldn't get turned on if Brad Pitt and I had a hot steamy shower together! I am also beggining to suffer sickness again and so its just outta the question at the minute to be honest.
    OH wants it but he understands from last time and we are still making the most of our time and have the most wonderfull chats and cuddles and snogs and laughs. He works till at the earliest 10pm and we just have the unwritten routine where we share a bath, come down and have a cup of tea and watch a bit of tv (usually the comedy channel) before heading up to bed and having a good old chin wag. We still share intimacy every day - just without the sex.
    I'd just say keep intimate and close, just because you don't want sex doesn't mean you can't have everything else. It'll keep your relationship solid, and when your baby is born he/she will 'feel the love' (please excuse the darius impersination)!
    Your OH will grow to understand why when he realises a real baby is growing in there. I.E when you see the baby move (that does look soooo creepy) etc.
    I think it is really important not to turn a cold shoulder to make him not want it, as he will unwanted or unloved. Just as you would if he turned down sex when you wanted it. (although I have never heard of a man who turns down sex lol)
    Hope I have helped
    Hannah xxx

http://women.evenhealth.com/image/c/p921533.png

• Options
    Thanks ladies,

And thanks Hannah. I guess i can cuddle n kiss without the sex. which i'd like alot. He works til 10pm also and i am 7 weeks 4 days pregnant also which is a coincidence lol. anyway thanks 4 the advice.

all helped alot.image

• Options
    Haven't had sex since 14 weeks, but to be honest haven't felt like sex or any other kind of "fun" since the day we conceived :roll:

Luckily for me hubby isn't too keen on the idea either - not sure whether to be insulted or relieved.

35+2
  • Options
    I've not found myself as interested in sex as normal, and even though I'm feeling well again, my DH seems to be much less interested in getting it on, for some reason.

Especially, actually, since we had the scan... I think he's a bit freaked out by the proximity of the baby.

We're still being very affectionate but I think I would like to resume more normal relations, as I do find I miss the closeness it brings. We've only done it about once a week since I got my BFP, and that doesn't seem that much!
  • Options
    Hi,

It's only early days for me am 4+2 but I haven't really fancied sex at all since I found out..some of it is having a few aches and pains and some of it is because I'm feeling so exhausted and sick!

I'm sure things will get back to normal soon..oh hasn't even attempted to start anything either but I think that's cause he's still a bit shocked we did it!

[Modified by: Sazzle33 on October 31, 2008 12:36 PM]

• Options
    I wasnt keen when i had really bad sickness and OH understood now 18 weeks but not really that fussed as cant stop thinking about baby which is off putting !!

• Options
    God i feel like im the only one who doesnt do it now ...... I havent done it since i got my BFP and im 24 weeks!!! For the first 12 weeks, actually til about 16 weeks, i was just plain scared incase it caused me to bleed or anything but then when that passed and i felt i wanted to i mentioned it to hubby and he wasnt too keen. I think he feels like he'll hurt the baby or something and i can kinda see where hes coming from. I feel like we should atleast try it once tho cos i wont want it straight after baby is born and then its going to be nearly a year from when we last did it!!!

Anna xx
    (24 weeks)
  • Options
    Im only 5+5 today and im too scared too!! I feel abit guilty about it as when ttc i was jumping on him all the time and think he feels abit like 'hmmm you've got what u want now u dont need me anymore'..... we have talked about it and even joked about it so I know hes ok but I wish I wasnt so scared as im sure its fine to do! I did read it can make u bleed so since reading that I just dont want to do it......!