Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

worried about my sickness and dehydration - also in july2010

Sorry if it becomes a rambling post!

I am now 11 weeks and since about 6 weeks I have had constant nausea and sickness I am sick anywhere between 3 and 8 times in 24 hours - today for example I was up at 2.30 to spew then again at 4 then at about 8 and then at 6 this evening and all the while in between I feel sick. I know this is not unusual and I am hoping that over the next couple of weeks it dies down. But I have now had a constant headache for about 3 weeks that I am sure is down to dehydration and now this is gross and TMI so I am sorry but the last 2 days my vomit has been SOLID LUMPS and it is really painful and I am really worried! I try and drink plenty but it makes me feel sicker and usually it comes back up.

Pre pregnancy I would have 3 cups of tea or coffee and at least 4 or 5 pints of squash in a day but now if I manage one cup of something and 2 pints over the day without bringin most of it up I am doing well. WHAT DO I DO??? HELP!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Hey you

Sory to hear you are feeling so bad! I can't offer any help I am afraid. Could it be worth making an appointment with your doctor?

Hope you start to feel better soon x

• Options
    hi maximum... i had awful sickness and had the awful lumps too it also got to the point i was in pain from it and as soon as i even sipped a little bit of water it came straight back up image i went to the doctors a few times and he sent me awa with anti sickness tablets ( as i tried to explain on may occasions how can i keep tablets down if i cant even keep a drink down) at 12weeks i foound out i was expecting twins and they explained thats maybe why i was soo bad but it still didnt get better and at 14 weeks i was hospitalised and put on a drip for 48 hours... and had 12 litres of fluid pushed back into me and since then im only sick every now and then im almost 28 weeks now,,, if i wasnt preganat i would have just coped but was worring about m poor little beans...
    sorry if ive rambled but my advice would ve to pester your doctor
    hope ou feeling better soon
    xxx
  • Options
    Ok - have scan on Monday so may see how I go until then and then get to docs????
  • Options
    Hello!! Not sure if I ever congratulated you - so exciting :\)

Is it worth getting some Dirolyte (sp?) sachets to add to water? Even if you can only keep a little down it's better than nothing.
  • Options
    This might sound stupid but what are you trying to drink? I only ask because with ds I could literally only drink lemonade for the first 16 weeks, anything else, especially water, came straight back up. Not sure why lemonade was so great but it was.

I'd definitely mention it to the docs though, I'd say you're right about the headaches being because of dehydration.
  • Options
    definately go to the docs hun, i was like you and my sickness kicked in at 3 n half weeks and never left! i'm 39+5b now and still got it! your doc will be able to prescribe some antisickness meds for you and if you cant keep then down there's a kind you just put under your gum and they dissolve which are quite good when your that bad.

really hope you feel better soon as iv done the sickness, tablets, hospitals, drips etc bit and it sucks all the fun out of everything as i know

*big big hugs and happy non-sicky thoughts coming your way*
  • Options
    definately go to the docs hun, i was like you and my sickness kicked in at 3 n half weeks and never left! i'm 39+5b now and still got it! your doc will be able to prescribe some antisickness meds for you and if you cant keep then down there's a kind you just put under your gum and they dissolve which are quite good when your that bad.

really hope you feel better soon as iv done the sickness, tablets, hospitals, drips etc bit and it sucks all the fun out of everything as i know

*big big hugs and happy non-sicky thoughts coming your way*
  • Options
    Ice pops, darling. Make some with sugar free squash (nice and strong) if you are worried about the sugar but if you are not keeping much down the sugar is probably helpful!

And see your doc, soon.
  • Options
    ugh... i am 5 weeks today and am starting to feel sick already... i am really pathetic when i am sick, tears the lot, so i am dreading being really poorly.
    i had food poisoning about 6 months ago and the only thing....ONLY THING... i could keep down was Flat coca-cola... maybe you could try that!
  • Options
    I would suggest ice pops or ice cubes too x
  • Options
    I'd go see the doc hun. Sounds like you might really benefit from being prescribed some anti-sickness tablets. If the thought doesn't make you feel worse might be worth trying some lucozade, can help to replenish some of the electrolytes you're losing. Good luck
  • Options
    thanks ladies! I will go to the doc after scan next week.

I am only manging to get to the toilet for a wee at most ONCE a day so I know I am dehydrated. I am trying all kinds of drinks still fizzy hot cold plain - fizzydrinks made flat etc etc. I will keep trying.

Ice cubes and ice pops make me gag normally but I have tried to no avail - oh dear!

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to never be sick but had permanent nausea and fought back being sick quite a few times a day, I have a phobia of sick and could not bear allowing myself to be sick.

The only thing that I could drink that didn't feel like a ton of bricks on my stomach and make the nausea worse was appletiser. I know when you are being very sick it is a lot different so it may not work for you but something sparkling or fizzy may not sit as heavily on your stomach and stay down a little longer.

Good luck, I would definitely see your doctor you may need to go into hospital to have some fluids put back in.
  • Options
    I could only drink lemon and barley up until about 14 weeks last time. Weirdly now, the smell of it turns my stomach! Obviously drank too much of it when I was having Lily. Oh, I used to have a few sips of pure orange juice first thing as soon as I woke up. x